Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Homing Spider Droid

Whatever happenned to this Action Fleet entry? I know I saw pictures of it somewhere, but never saw it on shelves, and I think I only saw a prototype once on eBay.

I am really dissapointed that this was never released. It would have been nice to have something to set up in opposition to the Action Fleet AT-TE in a diorama...

Re: Homing Spider Droid

I'm afraid it got cancelled just before it was supposed to be released, with what I consider to be a poor explanation of why it was shelved. Honestly, if they had gotten this wave to retail, it might have been the best selling wave of the Ep 2 AF line up till that point.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

IIRC, we did see one or two of these go for auction on eBay. They were either protoypes, or other some manner of pre-release status. Maybe in mock-up packaging?
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

Yeah, they were in mock-up packaging, that new stuff that's a big stupid plastic square bubble.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Any sightings of one recently? They had a prototype on Brian's Toys for $500.00. I passed it up and now am sorely regretting it as I cannot find another one anywhere.

I'm afraid not, this one seems to be harder to find than the E-wing wave back in the day.

Any ideas as to where one would look to try to get in touch with those who have these items? I would offer a pretty penny for one...

Hi Scackmgackm,

Here are a few pics of the two samples I have. (None of them are for sale). I'm only aware of four units that have been sold to collectors through Ebay : 1 unpainted proto (without trademarks moulded on it), 1 painted proto with trademarks moulded on the lower part of the sphere, 1 painted proto without trademarks in test-shot box (Republic Cruiser) and 1 painted proto with trademarks in test-shot box (Republic Cruiser). There should have been more...
    I got the two without trademarks. I only hope Hasbro will make more AF in the future but I really doubt we could see something new in the near future...
    We will have more MM, better than nothing.

Sicqnus
    More pics here :
    http://www.sicqnus.com/design.htm
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3625.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	9976   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3626.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	58.3 KB 
ID:	9977   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3602.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	67.8 KB 
ID:	9978   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3604.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	9979   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3623.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	9980  

Last edited by sicqnus; 01-15-2005 at 05:08 AM.
    - "I've never understood Walt Disney".
    Howard Philip Lovecraft.

That's the first time I've ever seen that piece. I'm not big into MM but I bought a ton of em at TRU about 5 years back at a big discount. It's always neat to see prototypes such as these.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Sicq

You are a lucky, lucky man!!

BC3