Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

New Classics Destined For Remakes

Yes, the title may be confusing, but has anyone given some thought as to what movies made recently will be victim to a remake 50 years from now? I mean, did anybody think back in the 70's that Willy Wonka would be remade? So, what movies do you out there think will get a redo later down the road?
    Ah, good...here comes the Air Force with those new round planes.

Re: New Classics Destined For Remakes

Nowadays any movie isnt safe from remakes. They will take any decent(and some not so decent movies and remake them. It is getting ridiculous. What ever happened to originality?
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    What ever happened to originality?
    I blame Puff Daddy. Or P. Diddy. Whatever. With movies that are remade for the betterment of the film (i.e. the Punisher [which isn't a remake as much as it is a different take on the same character, but for the sake of the conversation...]) I totally understand and agree with a "mulligan". On the other hand is Gus Van Zant's "Psycho". What a flaming bag o' crap that was. That movie is the stereotype I use for all remakes. While some have been good, more often than not a remake becomes a slap in the face to the original.

More on topic now, I'd like to see a "Saving Private Ryan"-esque version of "All Quiet on the Western Front". As good as the originals are, a remake, in this case, could actually give this film even more deserved justice.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

I feel like there is going to be a remake of Halloween and A Nightmare on Elm Street some day.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Star Wars Episodes I, II, and III will eventually be redone. They may not have the same series name or character names, but in essence, someone will redo the prelude to the OT the way it should have been done the first time.

She's All That

The Horse Whisperer

Waiting to Exhale

Titanic
    May the force be with you.

I always thought that if they remade Willie Wonka, they should have kept the original voice and music tracks and done the movie itself in stop-motion animation.

The problem with remakes is that amongst the general population, not any age specific group, no one wants to watch a movie that is more than 5-10 years old. This includes studio exectutives.

I've always thought it was unneccessary to remake good movies. Instead there's plenty of stuff that was made without budgets, or any useful technology, that had decent ideas, that could be made now and really shine. Instead, we are getting "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" remade every decade.

What we should really be fearing are the tv shows which will be movies any time now. Now that they've gotten through the 1960s and 1970s, the dreadful 1980s is approaching it's cinematic reconstruction: The A-Team, Full House, Charles In Charge, Punky Brewster, The Facts of Life....

Swept Away

Glitter

Gigli

and hopefully Spiderman

Why does Spidey need a remake? Ithoought it was awesome as is.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Well, they're already remaking Back to School, so I suppose nothing is sacred.

Next up: Casablanca, starring Will Smith and J-Lo?
    Tommy, close your eyes.