Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Shaun of the Dead

I know fellow zombie fan Guyute has talked of this already, but I felt that the film should get its own thread. The British are back showing the world how to make a proper zombie film. As Guyute posted earlier, the following website links to a synopsis and trailers. Everything sounds good so far...

BUT today a review was posted at Rotten and Butane's horror site. This review has me thinking this could be the best thing to happen to the zombie genre in a long time. Give it a read and let us know what you think about this film.

We’re coming to get you, Barbara!
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Re: Shaun of the Dead

JBF- Yeah, BD gave it a solid 5 stars!!! The older trailers i think are a tad more hilarious as they have that great scene where they're deciding what records to throw at the undead. I can't wait for this flick to hit the US in the fall!

PS- I'll be shocked if this thread gets more replies than just the two of us.
    Last edited by Jedi_Master_Guyute; 04-13-2004 at 12:07 AM. Reason: eh, why not?!?
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Thanks for pointing that out, Guyute. Here's the Bloody Disgusting Review.

Heck Yeah! I found this movie through comingsoon.net and it looks hilarious. I hope it gets a good release in the states. Otherwise, I'll have to wait for the dvd.
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

although i have not got to see this film yet, i will because it looks hilarious. here in the uk, i have not seen one bad review of it and simon pegg is a very good young british comedy actor.

i am amazed that anyone outside the uk has heard about or cares about shaun of the dead though - a lot of the humour is very british which lots of other people from different nations don't seem to get. (no doubt if it does well, hollywood will want to remake it so it is set in america)

Sidiously, I think the release for America will probably be like 28 Days Later. Its release is fall 2004, but I'd have to check to see if a date has been announced yet.

As for a remake, I hope not. I really do not need to see an American Shaun of the Dead that is full of sex jokes and the such. They'd find a way to cast Snoop Dogg and you know the rest.

Even if that were to happen, we'd all still know about the original.

I don't know why but the film does not appeal to me, but I have heard nothing but praise about it so I might give it a try . Probably just wait for the DVD though.

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Quote Originally Posted by arctangent
    i am amazed that anyone outside the uk has heard about or cares about shaun of the dead though - a lot of the humour is very british which lots of other people from different nations don't seem to get. (no doubt if it does well, hollywood will want to remake it so it is set in america)
    British humour is so far better than American humour. Case in point, Hollywood attempted to create a Red Dwarf US pilot. It was awful. I saw it once and don't think I could sit through it again. Thank cable for at least offering BBC America.

I can't wait for Shaun of the Dead. I have a group of friends that are ready for when it's released in the US.
    "Smeeeeee....Heeeeeee...." -- Kryten 4000

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Zoltar
    British humour is so far better than American humour. Case in point, Hollywood attempted to create a Red Dwarf US pilot. It was awful. I saw it once and don't think I could sit through it again. Thank cable for at least offering BBC America.

I can't wait for Shaun of the Dead. I have a group of friends that are ready for when it's released in the US.
    Love the Arnold Rimmer avatar Dr Zolatr

Smeg head

I agree about British humor bing a lot better than American humour, the Red Dwarf US Pilot was such a big pile of steaming poo, and I don't have much hope for the US version of The Office .

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

I've heard of this film and think it sounds great. I agree with Dan Whitehead's (Creature Corner) assessment of what was missing from the DOTD remake. I like the idea of more character development and a better emphasis on shock and loss. That is one of the reasons I really enjoyed 28 days later and the original DOTD, so that addition alone makes me want to see this. As far as the humor goes I think it could work well if applied liberally and based on the reviews it sounds like it was done without compromising the horror aspects of the film. I'm looking forward to catching this when its released. Thanks for the links.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”