TRU X-Wing built wrong

So...uh what's up the TRU X-wing, it's built wrong.
    The wings curve back to flat backs instead of vice versa.
    They made the cuts for the cannons wrong so they have to clip on backwards.
    To get the cannons to go forward you have to put the wings on backwards.
    I brought my first one back thiking it was just an F'up in my box.
    Looks like they are all like that.
    What's the deal here?

-V-

Re: TRU X-Wing built wrong

Same reason why Silver R2 had his leg backwards.. Hasbro's a backwards operation.

Sounds pretty screwed up, I wonder if they'll actually release a new batch to fix the error or if they'll just leave people to figure it out for themselves.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

My wings and cannons are correct. I noticed when puting the cannons on that the 'pegs' for the cannons are different top and bottom (or either side) , and that the cannons had appropriate holes in them. I did find that some of the cannons were bent though.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Please add to my review of this X-wing and pilot in the Reviews section. In addition to the backwards stuff, the Red Leader figure is awful! He could be the worst pilot figure ever made!
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by karinations
    So...uh what's up the TRU X-wing, it's built wrong.
    The wings curve back to flat backs instead of vice versa.
    They made the cuts for the cannons wrong so they have to clip on backwards.
    To get the cannons to go forward you have to put the wings on backwards.
    I brought my first one back thiking it was just an F'up in my box.
    Looks like they are all like that.
    What's the deal here?

-V-
    i gotta agree with the doc. you put your wings on backwards. mine went together just fine, although the cannons are a little bent.

Here's the thing..
    The wings are supposed to be flat in front with an angled back (they angle forward).
    The cannons have the holes in the wrong places for the nubs and when attached face forward on the angled side of the wing (backwards).
    So if i put the wings on the right way, my cannons are on backwards and facing behind the ship.
    The problem isn't really the wings, it's the cannon hole cuts.

-V-

http://www.karinations.com

No, I just pointed this out to SirSteve a few hours ago, before I saw this thread, because he did the same thing. There are 2 sets of cannons on this set (and the Dagobah X-wing and Power FX X-wing), one set has the long oval hole first then the smaller round hole, and the other set is the reverse of this -- which is the source of the confusion since both sets look very similar except for these holes. If you have either the wings on backwards or the wrong cannons in place, they'll end up having to face backwards.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yeah, I had the same problem when putting mine together. I finally noticed the different hole set ups and figured it out, but for a moment I thought I had a defective X-Wing too.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”