Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Which OT figures should be resculpted still?

Lately, Hasbro has been resculpting many figures, like Lando in both Skiff Guard and General outfits, Bossk, Dengar, and a TIE fighter Pilot. While these new figures are mile ahead of previous attempts, should Hasbro keep remaking their older figures?

This thread will work like the best figure in each wave thread - we'll talk about the figures, year by year. Which of the following should Hasbro remake? Keep in mind, if they already have resculpts (like Luke Skywalker) and you want to improve on an existing version, wait until we discuss that version.

1995 & 1996 (since so few figures were produced then)
    Luke Skywalker
    Han Solo
    Chewbacca
    Darth Vader
    Stormtrooper
    Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi
    R2-D2
    C-3PO
    Princess Leia Organa
    Lando Calrissian
    Luke Skywalker in X-wing Fighter Pilot Gear
    Boba Fett
    Yoda
    Luke Skywalker in Dagobah Fatigues
    Han Solo
    TIE Fighter Pilot
    Han Solo in Carbonite Block
    Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker
    Prince Xizor
    Luke Skywalker in Imperial Guard Disguise
    Chewbacca in Bounty Hunter Disguise
    Dash Rendar
    Leia in Boushh Disguise
    Sandtrooper
    Greedo
    Death Star Gunner
    Luke Skywalker in Stormtrooper Disguise
    Tusken Raider
    Momaw Nadon "Hammerhead"
    Jawas
    R5-D4

I'll post my thoughts tomorrow, and make a PT version of this thread in the Saga section as well.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Re: Which OT figures should be resculpted still?

Who should be resculpted from the first two years? Everybody! The only figure that I think stands out as not needing a resculpt is Momaw Nadawn. Luckily most of those figures have been resculpted. Hasbro still needs to tackle a few of them though.

-Luke Skywalker in Hoth X-Wing Gear - we really need a less-bulky version with a removable helmet...maybe even a grappling thingy launcher and added articulation.
    -Han Solo Carbonite - as pointed out in the favorite versions post, we need a deluxe/ultra Han Carbonite more in the spirit of the classic vintage one. Heck Han could even have interchageable arms like the new lUke Dagobah.
    -Leia Bouschh - one of the best figures from the first couple years - howver I wouldn't mind an update w/o the detonator molded to her hand and just an updated/more detailed sculpt. (Bossk proves that a great figure can get even better, IMO)
    -Death Star Gunner - again a pretty decent figure - maybe next time around a little less bulky and packaged with a turbolaser as an ultra figure.
    -Luke in Stormtrooper - need a resculpt to match up with the updated Stormtroopers.
    -Tuskin Raider - the 2003 Saga version was awesome but just can't pass as OT, so I think we still need an updated Tuskin.
    -R5-D4 - no explanation neccessary

Luke Skywalker : Endor Gear. Soft Goods Poncho. Removeable Helmet. Blaster. Lightsaber. Awesome Sculpt.

Yoda : Return of the Jedi.

Luke Skywalker : X-Wing Pilot Return of the Jedi - Removeable Helmet, same head sculpt as Jabba's Palace Luke.

Those are 3 off the top of my head. Shall think of more and post again later.

Some more...

Luke Skywalker in Stormtrooper Gear with removeable helmets. Maybe in a double pack with Han Solo.

Emperor Palpatine : Same body and hood sculpt as POTF2 but face sculpt as good as the recent SAGA Palpatine.

Luke Skywalker : Death Star II. With same head sculpt as Jabba's Palace version. Articulated.

Darth Vader : Bespin Duel - give us the SAGA version minus the action feature... pleaseeeeee.

Darth Vader : Dagobah - give us the Dagobah version only repainted like a normal Vader cause it's a great sculpt of Vader.
    Last edited by Darth Trymybestus; 04-13-2004 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Thought of a few more...

I think JabbaJohn envisioned us sticking with just the figures that were released in the 1995-1996 time frame for now (the list he posted) then we would cover figures from other years as we move along.

Quote Originally Posted by jedimarvin
    I think JabbaJohn envisioned us sticking with just the figures that were released in the 1995-1996 time frame for now (the list he posted) then we would cover figures from other years as we move along.
    Ah ok, I got carried away. Will think and post again later.

Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Darth Vader, Leia, Chewbacca, Jedi Luke, Boba Fett, and allthe orange carded figures have been resculpted numerous times already. The versions that are out now are far superior to these figures from the early runnings.

Figures that need resculpting from your list.....

R5-D4 - Question is, who doesnt want this one redone??
    Luke Dagobah - Will let you know in a few months when the new one comes out. SO far from the pics, it looks pretty good.
    Tusken Raider - The more the merrier IMO, great character. TA Tusken is awesome
    EU - Bring themback, maybe not all, BUt Thrawn Mara and a few others, and make a few more too.
    Boushh - I happen to like the POTF2 version, but wouldnt mind seeing a resculpt.
    Death STar Gunner - New one needed desperatley
    Han Carbonite - could use an updated one.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I can live with everything on your list that hasn't already been resculpted, though there are a few that could use improvements yet:

Chewbacca: I'd still like to see a good Chewbacca from ANH, before his hair started flopping over his forehead.

Luke - X-Wing pilot. The last one we got was close, except for the teeth. I can live with it, but if a better one came along, I would not complain.

Han - Carbonite. This one could use some fixing, particularly the carbonite block itself. It doesn't even have to be interactive with the Han figure (ie; clip on feature). If Hasbro is going to continue to give us Han resculpts, then give us this one.

R5-D4. I don't think I need to elaborate on this.

Ben Kenobi - If I hadn't seen the pictures of the upcoming Dagobah ghost version of Ben, I would let this one go, but that is the first one that captures the likeness of Alec Guinness, it's all in the jawline. Put that head on the VOTC Ben, and I'll be happy, even though I'm not a fan of soft goods.

One I wish they would just recard from that era is Yoda. I think the face on the early Yoda is the most accurate version of the OT Yoda. The forthcooming one isn't even the right color and looks more like someone wearing a Don Post Yoda mask, like the kid in E.T.. Put the old head on the new body, and maybe they'd have something.

SNOWTROOPER SNOWTROOPER SNOWTROOPER

there still is not a great sculpt of a snowtrooper, I want ARTICULATION darn it!!

GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Yoda needs it the most, IMO.
    Compare the original (95-96) to the quality of the sculpt of the prequel Yodas - it's like comparing the 95-96 Yoda to the old 80's Kenner Yoda. Big improvemnet each time.

I'd also like to see multiposeable (like the Clonetrooper and Stormtrooper) versions of:
    Vader
    Fett
    Han - Cantina Han was close, but hard to stand
    Chewie - Chewie/C-3P0 was also pretty close
    Luke Skywalker in Stormtrooper Disguise - modify the Stormtrooper by throwing a new head on it
    Sandtrooper - modify the Stormtrooper again
    Tusken Raider

And these 3 could use newer, better sculpts:
    Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi - better likeness maybe
    R2-D2 - Not sure how though
    C-3PO - More poseability?

I had no problems with these 2 as they are now:
    Han Solo in Carbonite Block
    Leia in Boushh Disguise

Lame LAME LAME figures. In desperate need of resculpts:
    R5-D4
    Death Star Gunner
    Momaw Nadon "Hammerhead"

These ones have already been resculpted with nice results:
    Greedo
    Stormtrooper
    Princess Leia Organa
    Luke Skywalker
    Lando Calrissian
    Luke Skywalker in X-wing Fighter Pilot Gear
    Luke Skywalker in Dagobah Fatigues
    Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker
    TIE Fighter Pilot
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I would love to see new versions of:

Han Solo Carbonite- a non beefcake version
    Luke Stormtrooper- same mold as the CTC stormtrooper
    Han Stormtrooper- same mold as the CTC stormtrooper
    Luke X-Wing- in a manner similar to Dutch Vander

That's all I can think of right now. Was there a big difference between the 2 Greedo releases?
    "You look strong enough to pull the ears off a gundar"