Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shrek 2 Figures

Shrek 2 Figures

I just caught a glimpse of these on Amazon.com

Here is Shrek

Looks like crap as do the others. Then I glanced up at the company...and low and behold...Hasbro.

Why isn't McFarlane doing these??? I thought the McFarlane Shrek figures were awesome. I am very disturbed by this crap Hasbro put out
    Last edited by mm74md; 04-16-2004 at 02:11 PM. Reason: spelling error

Re: Shrek 2 Figures

I saw these in Toy Fair coverage and was surprised at how weak they were, Hasbro or not. I think McFarlane didn't really handle the first film's license all that well, some of the toys they made were pretty good looking items, but they were poorly marketed (as well as marketed to the wrong audience), had a few quality control issues, and the fringe stuff just didn't work at all (Shrek was McFarlane's first - and probably last - Master License).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

if any body wants shrek two figs there a bunch of them that were put out yestereday at wal mart panorama they had a lot of them there towards the back near the fabrics

Thumbs down Re: Shrek 2 Figures

Yeah, the first figures weren't bad. I thought about buying the donkey figure but thought better of it. These new figures suck.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

I thought McFarlane did a bang-up job with the Shrek figures (back when they made cool figures.

The Hasbro ones are substandard to McF's. I guess kids could actually play with the Shrek 2 figures and not break them.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

well, i've gotten a hold of these. My mum picked up the puss in boots set for me primarily because he comes with the gingerbread man figure. I'll post a mini-review when i get it in the mail this week. Maybe these figs will change my opinion on the line? I can't wait for the gingerbread man as he's HYSTERICAL. cheers!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

"Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Tony Stewart's one is great. Two jackasses together at last.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

well, i'm sure there are a few other people out there who care, so here is some news on this line: I found 9 new figures the other night at my local wal-mart. Yeah,you read that properly: 9 new figures. There are two "holiday" themed figures and then 7 that are movie related. Here is a brief synopsis on each one:
    Santa Shrek- Shrek in a santa suit. Nothing much here. Nice holiday figure.
    Holiday Donkey- I like this one for some reason. It has Donkey wearing a santa hat on his head and then has some sort of two part stocking drapped over him with the shrek "S" on it. He comes with a REALLY small figure of Puss In Boots, Shrek and a rollerskate.
    Gingerbread Man- this new version is HUGE, nearly the size of Shrek himself. He comes with a candy cane sword and shield and TALKS. I got a few of this figure as my Mom loves him and i got one to open and one to keep MOC. He says, "God bless us, everyone!" "Do you know the Muffin Man?" "Who you callin' crumby?" "Not my gumdrop buttons!" "the muffin man!!!" I laugh myself silly when i hear him talk. Easily my favorite figure.
    Far Far Away Football pack- this one features Donkey and two of his children, the Dronkey's. They are in some sort of football gear as Donkey has the paint lines under his eyes and has the same stocking thing on him, it's just painted a different color and says "FF" on it. They also come with a football and a flag. Kind of a pointless figure set IMHO.
    Noble Steed- Yup, the Noble Steed version of Donkey. Pretty basic horse set up: he can put his legs up and look like he's trotting. He comes with Pinocchio and a saddle which Handsome Shrek can ride. Which leads me to
    Handsome Shrek- This is the version of Shrek which we see after he drinks the happily ever after potion. He's probably the best looking Shrek figure as he's handsome! and includes a regular shrek base thing you can put over him so you can go from ogre shrek to handsome shrek! He also comes with a sheild, sword (with slashing action!) and a skunk.
    Outta my Swamp Shrek- This is a pretty decent figure. He comes with what looks like a knife, crossbow (assumingly to be thrown at him?) and that sign that says, "beware of ogres" and has the new pic of ogre Shrek on it. He is covered in brown paint on his arms and legs to make him look like he's been in the swamp all day.
    Swamp Sludge Shrek- This is the worst figure of the bunch. It's a Shrek that has some specs of purple on him and he comes with purplse swamp sludge (probably gooey crap like that old Ghostbusters slime, i'd assume) and a stick. Probably to replicate his bathing from the 1st film?! Pretty crappy.
    Puss In Boots- Another version of the adorable feline gives him a new colored hat and from what i can tell, a slightly darker color scheme. He includes his usual sword and furball thing. He also comes with two potion bottles, one marked "Toad Stool softener", Pinocchio and a small version of the Gingerbread man.

All in all, i picked up all the figures cos i'm a sucker, completist and have been watching the movie constantly. I think these figures show a VAST improvement over the first wave and i'm curious to see who (if anybody) else gets made from the film. Cheers!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

did hasbro end up doing a shrek 2 series 2?