William Hung's "Inspiration"- check out music clips!!!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=music

I was going to toss this in the "worst song" thread, but i figured it'd get lost in between the rambling back and forth about Nirvana and the USA Today. Anyway, you folks NEED to check this out and listen to the sound clips.

This is un-freakin'-believable that this is #3 on Amazon.com's sales rank.
    I think somebody said that "Jackass" being the #1 in america was one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse, i officially deem this #2. enjoy!!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Re: William Hung's "Inspiration"- check out music clips!!!

This is a harbinger of doom.

William seems like a sweet kid, and enjoys what he is doing, but his 15 minutes of fame are long spent. I cringe everytime I hear him perform, and cringe even worse when I see hot females slobber all over him. Anyone who is buying what he puts out for his music, should consider it a comedy purchase. I normally root for underdogs in every aspect of life, but I know ineptitude when I see it.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

I am truly disgusted by the sttae of the music industry. Having been involved for four years, and still trying to once again enter, I can say it is aweful. The lack of talent that is on the radio today is ridiculous. When people like this are getting record contracts it really bothers me. I have seen a great deal of unsigned bands that deserve to be signed but because of politics it just doesn't happen. I really don't blame the record labels on most occasions, although with William they are at fault. The radio stations are to blame, continuously playing the same repetitious music that when said and done, is aweful. They are afraid to take chances, and for some reason always take the safe ground. I am not a fan of Drowning Pool in any sense of the word, but for example radio stations would not play the Bodies track until they re-recorded it with the guitars tuned down. This happens all the time. Another band Thursday, which I am not a fan of, had their song Understanding in a Car Crash butchered by commercial radio, shorting it from about four min. to about 1 min. and a half. When was the last time you heard somethin remotely heavy during daylight hours on a commercial radio station, and I don't mean a band like Metallica, Korn, or Godsmack because they are not Metal. (Metallica isn't anymore, argue with me if you want) Most commercial active rock stations wont even listen to a band off Century Media Records just because of the label regardless of what the and sounds like. Lacuna Coil is a 1000 times better, musically and vocally, than Evanescnece but becaus ethey are on Wind-Up they are getting played. (Lacuna Coil has gotten some commercial airplay, no where as near as Evanescence. Lacuna Coil is the first Century Media band ever played on commercial radio.) Radio stations would never look at a band like Shadows Fall whose tracks Art of Balance or the Welcome to the Machine cover could easily fit ona active rock station, or Killswitch Engage whose upcoming second single of their new album the End of Heartache would also fit. Why? Why would they rather play the same dead bands over and over again, who isn't sick of hearing Nirvana, Alice and Chains, and Red Hot Chili Peppers. If I wanted to revisit my grammer school then I woul dlook at my year book, not turn on the radio. The only new music that is being played is aweful, White Stripes, Darkness, Vines, Hives, etc. They all sound the same. Where is individuality. Just aweful. I think i am done for now.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

William should Hang himself. I couldnt go out in public. Ihave heard babies cry with more harmony then him. Good Lord, what is this world coming to.

Evenflow, I completely agree with you about radio stations. The one I listen too actually said Rob ZOmbie was coming up next. WHen they finally played the song, it was the Dragula remix. WTF????? Play the original song in its entirty. I can understand bleeping out cursing and stuff, but not to play a song because the guitars are to heavy or loud? Come on.......
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

It was funny on American Idol, and he seems like a great guy, but he can't sing. I don't know if it's because he can't speak English very well or what. I noticed on the page on Amazon it had suggestions for "Special Songs by Special Kids" which is kind of like this, people singing badly and others telling them they're great, while it makes people laugh more than think it's great music.

obviously this guy is a joke, and can't sing, but i'd really like to know how many "real" singers can't sing as well. not that i've really made an effort, but i've yet to see or hear britney spears "really" sing. janet jackson as well. they are always lip sincing when they perform. i'd wager they are just about as bad as our beloved william hung without all the studio tricks thrown in.?

and i know jennifer lopez can't sing. she actually performed live on SNL and sounded about as bad as william.

I would love to see this outsell any of the other acts that are spawned by the American Idol show. The whole concept of that show is completely uninteresting to me but I'm always up for a great ironic jab at such pop crap. Best of luck to this guy.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

I'll give it to William Hung, he has conviction and willpower and the ability to push forward with his dream, he knows he isn't a great singer but he's standing up there and doing what he loves no matter what, while 99.9% of the rest of us couldn't make the same claim in the face of such adversity. And I respect that, he's making a quick buck off of that tenacity and he's not BSing along the way to do it - he could have had the album's producer use a pitch-correcter to sound more paletable a la Britney or J.Lo or countless other music stars, but stayed with his style because that's what he likes, that's who he is, and that's what works for him. He even seems sincere in what he says, I caught a few clips of him during Fox Box cartoons this weekend and last, as well as listened to some of those Amazon clips, and it seems to me like he genuinely appreciates his recent good fortune and those who got him there - can you really say that about most artists who are in Amazon's top 10? And look at that amazon.com listing, there are 340+ reviews of this album already, whether you think he's horrible or interesting, he's clearly got our attention and without resorting to cheap tricks like flashing at the Super Bowl.

Sincerity, passion, tenacity, willpower, conviction, integrity, guts... seems like these are words you only wish you could use to describe more people out there, famous or not. While it doesn't mean I'll buy his album, I think he deserves the success he's getting far more than most folks in the public eye lately.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

He may be a stand up guy, but he doesn't deserve the success.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

No one really "deserves" success. Some get it and some don't. A lot of people spend more time claiming they deserve more or others deserve less than actually living their life.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.