Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ultra Probot???

Ultra Probot???

I've seen the rumors on other sites and since Hasbro promised around 6 new Ultra figures, this one would seem like a natural re-sculpt for them. Any one hear any rumors? I'd like to see a Probot with a clear stand-clear stem and maybe a snow-covered base. Instead of the HAZARD orange, make a red missle that doesn't seem so obvious. And if it's a re-sculpt, a nice, metallic finish with sharper, more-defined lines would be nice...

Re: Ultra Probot???

Sorry, I can't help you with rumors, but... That sound's awesome! I hadn't considered the Probot for a resculpt but it could deffinatly use it. I would love to see a probot with a more realistic movie-look. Just as long as he doesn't have any cheesy gimmicks like projectiles. He fired a laser int he movie, not a rocket.

Some other Ultras that I wouldn't midn seeing are:

-Han Solo w/ Carbonite block and wall section
    -Biker Scout w/ Speeder Bike (in desperate need of a resculpt)
    -Ewok warrior with catapult

At any rate, that would be sweet. Anybody out there hear any actual rumors about future Ultra figures??

Good list, I'd buy em all.
    And Hasblaw, if yer listening, make the Biker Scouts/Bikes in a whole case. Just a word to the wise...

New to this board, but a long time collector. I've not heard of anything proposed for this year, but I would certainly enjoy a large scale, window-boxed version of a Probot. Perhaps with a backdrop that would include a shield generator. This might be going out on a limb, but how 'bout an unleashed Probot with a self desruct mechanism?

Another great OTC Ultra would be Vader w/mediatation chamber. It was rumored but thats about it
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by jedimarvin
    Some other Ultras that I wouldn't midn seeing are:

-Han Solo w/ Carbonite block and wall section
    That would be kinda cool, and for play/diorama value, the carbonite block could spin around to show an empty carbonite block.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    Another great OTC Ultra would be Vader w/mediatation chamber. It was rumored but thats about it
    We sorta had one - the Complete Galaxy Death Star w/ Darth Vader (with bending knees and partially removable helmet).
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    That would be great. I liked the Complete Galaxy one a lot, but a free-standing actual Ultra toy, with base to put an Imperial Officer and a GIANT Holo-Emperor head would be cool, too.

i quite like the old deluxe probe droid, even though it does have that rather pointless orange missile. i also like the way it stands nicely on its five 'feet'. i have always had a soft spot for it because it was so hard to find when it came out in the uk. and i found one

however, if hasbro could do a really nice, more accurate version on a clear stand then i would go for it.

don't see the need for a new han with carbonite block though. the old potf one was sitting on the shelves forever when it first came out and i always thought it was pretty good, and i like the empty block and figure that came with the card jabba's palace.
    come one, come all/chalk your eyes/blood for gall/this isnít the same world/your children are offerings/bow down/give thanks for their scant sufferings/chalk your eyes/the bigger the god so small the man/just this wooden horse remains

is this what you fought for?/green order/green order

A new probot would be cool. Honestly... the Ultra series could just be brilliant if they would just let their imaginations run.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**