View Poll Results: What do you think of the OT DVD extras?

Voters
302. You may not vote on this poll
  • They look just great

50 16.56%
  • Good, but I want way more

152 50.33%
  • Ok, not fantastic

63 20.86%
  • Not good at all

24 7.95%
  • Who cares about the extras?

13 4.30%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

What do you think of the OT DVD extras?

The extras on the OT DVDs were announced earlier today, the OT DVD set will come with over 10 hours of 'bonus materials', including new commentary tracks on the 3 films from George Lucas, Carrie Fisher, and others, a 2.5 hour documentary, an Episode III preview, original trailers and advertising, and more.

Complete details: http://www.starwars.com/episode-iv/n...s20040420.html

So what do you think of these extras? Cast your vote now and share your thoughts.

Re: What do you think of the OT DVD extras?

Well, I voted, they look just great, of course they would look even better if GL threw in 3 more discs with the Original Theatrical Releases on them, but that's not gonna happen and I just need to accept that.

May the force be with you.

I love them except I want more extras. I doubt Lucas will release another DVD version after this. He will probably wait for the next movie medium to come out before releasing it. I still would like to see audio commentary by the director of Return of the Jedi, Kenny Baker, Anthony Daniels, Mark Hamil, Harrison Ford, David Prowse, Billy Dee Williams, John Williams, James Earl Jones, the actor who played the emperor, Peter Mayhew, and Jeremy Bulloch.

I was expecting to see alot of deleted scenes. They were not mentioned in the list or am I just really blind and didn't see them? Other than that, it sounds like most of the extras will be very good. I am especially looking foreward to seeing the 2 1/2 hour documentary!

ROTJ's director, Richard Marquand, died almost 20 years ago, so unless he did a commentary for some other format or Lucasfilm edits some of his interview comments into a commentary track, I'm afraid we're never going to get one.

I'm a little surprised there isn't a music-only John Williams commentary track.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Until they put the original releases on them, it will only be good, with me wanting more.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

They look pretty damn good, but I want deleted scenes and more actors in the commentary. I find it hard to believe that Anthony Daniels and Mark Hamill weren't available!
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I'm still holding out for deleted scene information. Maybe these won't be included on the fourth disk which is why they weren't mentioned. It would make more sense to put them on the movie disks. The scenes have been released already, so i find it hard to believe they wouldn't include them with this boxed set.

an observation...

I find it interesting that when most movies come out on DVD the version most people choose is the Director's Cut, or the Unrated Version. But when SW comes to DVD it sounds like most people want the original cut from the big screen, and not the director's final vision. Then again, when most movies come out, both versions are offered.
    Skeeziks22

It would seem that GL is sticking a little too close to the formula for the release of the Indiana Jones trilogy.

While there was little documentary footage available for IJ, there is plenty of it for SW, but NONE of it is part of this release. It has some new documentaries and a lot of previews related to EIII.

Basically, GL had not planned on releasing the OT on DVD until 2006 or later. With the success of the IJ release on DVD, he is putting out a similar release to meet some of the demand as well as promote EIII.

I would expect a future 2- or 3-disc per movie set to be available in the future that includes the title-specific making of documentary, deleted scenes, casting videos, frenzy surrounding the release, etc. Of course, who knows what version of the film will be on them.

Not good at all....
    Why?
    No DELETED SCENES...
    No ORIGINAL versions of the films.
    "I Don't Know. Anakin Doesn't Talk To Me Anymore."