Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lucas to change Emperor Scene in ESB- Putting in Palpy!!

I saw this on movie poop shoot and thought i'd post it. I can't say i didn't suspect this and overall, i guess i like it as that's one thing that it is one thing that always irked me. This could be a fake, but who knows? anyway, complain away!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	palpatine.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	8122  
    Last edited by Jedi_Master_Guyute; 04-21-2004 at 11:48 AM. Reason: spelling
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Re: Lucas to change Emperor Scene in ESB- Putting in Palpy!!

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/sho...&postcount=129

Haven't heard too much follow up on it since its appearance. Quite a few people call out fake, though.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Yea that new Palpy doesn't even look like Ian McDirmand.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Quote Originally Posted by scruffziller
    Yea that new Palpy doesn't even look like Ian McDirmand.
    I agree. If he was going to redo it (and he should), it would be silly not to use McDiarmid. If he doesn't do it right, I'd rather he didn't do anything at all.

With our luck he will just digitally add a few shots of Holo Sidious from Episode I, and try to pass it off as "NEW" Emperor scenes.
    Star Wars : The Arcade Game (Atari 2600) World Champion

that is most assuredly a fake. looks nothing like him. if ole georgy wants to change it, he had better do it right before we all riot at the skywalker ranch.
    HF
    Sampsonite! i was way off!

That picture looks very fake to me. However, I have wanted Lucas to fix the Emperor in Empire since the Special Edition was announced. I hate recasting, especially in Star Wars. I used to justify that the Emperor was different in between Empire and Jedi by saying time had passed or that the transmission was modified so that no one could discover the Emperor was a force user (which I assumed before the prequels were made was a secret - Tarkin said, "You are all that is left of their religion) However, now that Palpatine/Sidious has been consistent through the prequels it makes no sense to have a different actor in Empire and then have the correct actor "return" for Jedi. He really just would have to change the voiceover, though I would rather than put in the holographic Sidious we were shown in the prequels.

FIX IT LUCAS!

It's afake! The dude who is "suposedly" Palpy I have deffinatly seen in a different movie. I can picture him in my head, but I can't think for the life of me what movie. Is it Freddy Kruger???

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Well I'd obviously like for them to change this part, though this one looks bad. Hopefully it's fake (and it looks that way).

Pendo, I don't think it's Freddy Krueger, but please tell us if you find out who it is!

Dang! And I thought they were really going to change this for the DVD release. Oh well. I am still hoping that Lucas will put in someone other than the "monkey woman" to do the scene. My speculation......HE PROBABLY WILL LEAVE IT ALONE.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

Why doesnt he leave it be. Honestly, all these changes taking place, I wish I seen the place, but no ones ever taken me....sorry drifted.

He is making all these changes to movies that have been fine for years. If he wants to change something, take out all the crap he put into them and give us the original.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten