New Star Trek tv series

It's the 50th anniversary of Star Trek this year, and CBS is producing a new Star Trek series due out in 2017. So here's what we know:

- the new Star Trek tv series will be airing its premiere on CBS, but the series will be exclusively in the US airing on CBS All Access subscription service, currently $6 a month. It will be released internationally across multiple platforms by CBS Studios International.

- the show will not be connected to the 2009 JJ Abrams movie series.

- that said, 2009 New Coke Trek's co-writer Alex Kurtzman was the first name announced in connection with the show, he'll be executive producer and his production company will be producing the show.

- CBS Broadcast is not in any way connected with the show, it's entirely CBS All Access.

- Bryan Fuller, creator of Pushing Daisies and NBC's Hannibal, as well as staff writer for Voyager, will be showrunner of this series. Fuller will also be running a new series on a different network.

- Nicholas Meyer, director and writer of ST2: The Wrath of Khan and ST6: The Undiscovered Country, will be a writer on the show as well as a consulting producer.

- Rod Roddenberry, son of Gene Roddenberry, has been brought on as executive producer.

- Heather Kadin is also a named executive producer, she was previously executive producer of Limitless, Scorpion, Sleepy Hollow, and Matador, and worked at ABC as producer on Alias, all of which have Kurtzman, his writing partner Roberto Orci, and/or JJ Abrams involved.

- the reason that it didn't come out in 2016 is because when Paramount and CBS split Star Trek rights between movies (Paramount) and tv (CBS), they signed an agreement that they wouldn't release a competing Star Trek project within 6 months of the other's, and Star Trek Beyond comes out in July.

- this new show will be the first Star Trek official show on tv since 2005 saw the end of Enterprise.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

Kylo Ren - came from Space Brooklyn, although he moved to Space Williamsburg before it was trendy.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    - that said, 2009 New Coke Trek's co-writer Alex Kurtzman was the first name announced in connection with the show, he'll be executive producer and his production company will be producing the show.

- Heather Kadin is also a named executive producer, she was previously executive producer of Limitless, Scorpion, Sleepy Hollow, and Matador, and worked at ABC as producer on Alias, all of which have Kurtzman, his writing partner Roberto Orci, and/or JJ Abrams involved.
    I've been happy about everyone that's been announced aside from this. I haven't watched Limitless or Matador but Scorpion and Sleepy Hollow are just so awful. I don't know how much influence Kadin has but Kurtzman and Orci are awful enough themselves. They should not be getting work outside of cheesy fluff nonsense.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Blog Entries
    I want to talk about this when there is more to talk about.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    I've been happy about everyone that's been announced aside from this. I haven't watched Limitless or Matador but Scorpion and Sleepy Hollow are just so awful. I don't know how much influence Kadin has but Kurtzman and Orci are awful enough themselves. They should not be getting work outside of cheesy fluff nonsense.
    Well said. That's exactly it. Hopefully that doesn't damn this project. They've got enough names that I'm not entirely checked out, but it's tough to be interested with everything stacked up.

Also, LONG LIVE AXANAR!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

Kylo Ren - came from Space Brooklyn, although he moved to Space Williamsburg before it was trendy.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.