Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Re: I'm spicy! The funniest commercial of all time!!

I saw a new "I'm SPICY" as yesterday. It was okay, but not as good as the other one. It even uses some of the other footage.

The guy says, "Spicy! I'm SPICY! It's my new catchphrase." The woman then says, "You have to own it. (In a sexy voice) I'm spicy!" The guy does it like her, and the man on the left said "That's creepy."
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I was about to comment on that, JabbaJohnL.

The Little Caesars commercials were great, especially the one where he runs around, knocking on doors and saying, "Thank you, thank you!"

"Woo! A gladiator!!"

Another candidate for best of all time would be the 7-Up commercial with the Orlando Jones wannabe and the bear in the mountain stream. "I thought you only did that in the woods!!"

Anyone seen the supposedly banned (haven't confirmed this fact) commercial for a salmon company with a dude beating up a bear to steal his fish? Something about those bears: they tend to make everything better.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I always liked that SmartBeep commercial about the blind date.

"We got chemistry here, you feel it?"

"I felt it!"

"All right, Janice!"

Sadly, the commercial was removed from the airwaves because of its low brow humor. Oh well . . .

EDIT-And Chux, that commercial you're talking about is from John West. They have one for their tuna that features a shark, but no fighting.
    Last edited by James Boba Fettfield; 04-23-2004 at 01:12 PM.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

[font=Arial]A little bit of trivia for you on those Spicy BK commercials –[/font][font=Arial] [/font]
    [font=Arial][/font]
    [font=Arial] [/font]
    [font=Arial]The tall skinny guy with a receding hairline is Joel McHale, a Seattle comedian. He used to be on a local comedy show called “Almost Live.” Nice guy. Met him once at a charity event and got my photo with him.[/font][font=Arial] [/font]
    [font=Arial][/font]
    [font=Arial] [/font]
    [font=Arial]If you watch TV a lot, he’s been showing up in a ton of commercials lately. Another one is for IHOP where he’s the dad driving the minivan.[/font][font=Arial] [/font]
    [font=Arial][/font]
    [font=Arial] [/font]
    [font=Arial]Ohhh, for a minute there I felt like Cliff Claven...[/font]
    Last edited by Dr Zoltar; 04-23-2004 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Font Fix
    "Smeeeeee....Heeeeeee...." -- Kryten 4000

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL
    I saw a new "I'm SPICY" as yesterday. It was okay, but not as good as the other one. It even uses some of the other footage.

The guy says, "Spicy! I'm SPICY! It's my new catchphrase." The woman then says, "You have to own it. (In a sexy voice) I'm spicy!" The guy does it like her, and the man on the left said "That's creepy."
    That sounds funnier than the first one, not sure how it plays out on camera though.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Quote Originally Posted by James Boba Fettfield
    I always liked that SmartBeep commercial about the blind date.

"We got chemistry here, you feel it?"

"I felt it!"

"All right, Janice!"

Sadly, the commercial was removed from the airwaves because of its low brow humor. Oh well . . .

EDIT-And Chux, that commercial you're talking about is from John West. They have one for their tuna that features a shark, but no fighting.
    This commerical is hysterical!!!

http://www.thatwasrandom.com/video/blinddate.php

I felt it!!
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Hahahahaha!! Thanks EP, that commercial still remains funny to this day!

's for you!
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Yeah, I love that one! At least it didn't stink!

Another new one I like is the Sprint one with the guy dressed up as a sock bandit, stealing socks out of the dryer. Lady walks in and tries to get a pic with a phone camera. Sock guy is standing there shaking his money maker. Then Sprint guy hands the lady a Sprint phone. Love the sock guy.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL
    What are some other phrases to command the web chicken? I said fly, jump, cluck, and sandwich, but I couldn't think of any others.
    I did "stand on head" and "sit on floor" and a few others of that nature, the system seems to have a lot of clips to make it seem like a live feed. I am told naughty stuff gets the chicken to rush the camera and waggle its finger "no no no" style.

BTW, did anybody notice that the chicken is wearing a garter belt?

Another commercial I love is for Six Flags. It's where that old guy gets off the bus, then music starts playing and he dances, it's hilarious. Even though they make Six Flags look a lot more fun than it really is.
    Oh man, I so totally hate this commercial, I actively change channels when it comes on. That old guy is freaky ugly! I guess we can see which age group that ad is targeted for (not to be rude, but ain't you nearly half my age?).

Quote Originally Posted by scruffziller
    No, the people that had the funniest commercials ever were LITTLE CEASER'S pizza.
    "What can you do with it?" "Ever heard of oragami?"

Or,

(object bouncing higher and higher) "What is it?" "It's CHEESE!"

Hmm, some of us are showing our age.

One of the few that have really caught me offguard lately was the Sprite ad with the Orlando Jones-wannabe driving the truck with the basketball hoop on the back advertising a million dollar prize to make a dunk and all the neighborhood men break off from their everyday routines to try to dunk on the moving truck. Nothing funnier than a guy in a business suit flying into the back of a truck that just stopped moving.

Also, despite the product, the recent AOL Topspeed ads with the Teuttle boys from American Chopper, done exactly in the same style as the show, those were pretty great.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    I did "stand on head" and "sit on floor" and a few others of that nature, the system seems to have a lot of clips to make it seem like a live feed. I am told naughty stuff gets the chicken to rush the camera and waggle its finger "no no no" style.

BTW, did anybody notice that the chicken is wearing a garter belt?

I told the chicken to punch himself in the face. He did it. ANd yes the finger wag thing is funny. I wonder if we tell him to grow a what he would do.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten