Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: 50 Worst Article in BLENDER

Quote Originally Posted by arctangent
    except for that starship song at number one - that really is rank. isn't there a quote accompanying their number one status about it just shows how low a group will go for the almighty dollar?
    If I was to take a day, I could list 50 worse songs than that.

Celine Dion has how many CD's?
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    Celine Dion has how many CD's?
    ha, ha ! very true. can't believe i didn't think of her, although just the merest hint of celine dion makes my ears heal over !

and as for house of pain, i don't really know them but my brother chose 'jump around' as first dance when he got married rather than have some sloppy love song. he and my sister in law still slow danced to it though !
    come one, come all/chalk your eyes/blood for gall/this isnít the same world/your children are offerings/bow down/give thanks for their scant sufferings/chalk your eyes/the bigger the god so small the man/just this wooden horse remains

is this what you fought for?/green order/green order

For the record, I trust no music magazine. They're all crap. I look in them to find out release dates, and that's about it. Last time I trusted the consensus of all the music magazines, I picked up a copy of the Kings of Leon CD blind simply because it was supposedly the best of the year and in the vein of the Allman Brothers. Yeah, the Allman Brothers after they've had lobotomies and their fingers removed, then got sauced up on Everclear. It was a cheap used copy, but still, I could've bought a SW figure with that dough.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy
    I still like House of Pain. Never heard Everlast's first album. Whitey Ford Sings The Blues was his 2nd solo album - and I like that one too.
    It's horrible! Produced by Ice-T, but you'd never know from the sonic mess it is. I picked it up on tape for $1 several years back, and when they re-released the CD to coincide with the succes of "What It's Like," I had to laugh. If you can download, check out "The Knack," which samples "My Sharona" and is the closest thing to a decent track from that album.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

So why doesn't anyone like "Everybody Wang Chung Tonight?" It was one of the first videos to cause seizures when being watched!

I'm so glad "Safety Dance" didn't make the list...
    Last edited by Dr Zoltar; 04-23-2004 at 01:44 PM.
    "Smeeeeee....Heeeeeee...." -- Kryten 4000

http://www.blender.com/articles/article_466.html

It's a pretty funny article. I might not agree that those are the 50 worst but I wouldn't argue that any of those don't make a strong case to be there.

I would like to add:

Europe (The Final Countdown...blah)
    Nelson (pale demon twins)
    Kid Rock (MY NAME IS BBBBBBBBBBBBBBOB!)

....and finally....

anything involving Fred Durst.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Excellent choices, EPort !

Chux, I'm pleased to see that Toby Keith made that list of worst songs.

UH-OH, Manowar was listed at number 44 on that link shared by EPort . . . mabudon will surely beg to differ.

Caesar- I don't beg... I DEMAND to differ

not much, though, as Sign of the Hammer is a fairly weak outing, and the word "ludicrous" is used correctly... I've always said that the self-proclaimed (or did the fans proclaim it??? who knows!!) "Kings of Metal" were like Spinal Tap on steroids...

And the article shows that there is a country where some form of sanity still reigns

As for the rest of the list ,"Live"truly belongs there,not even a full-trick pony

Never thought Skinny Puppy was as good as my non-musical friends tried to tell me they were....

CREED, 'nuff said

Agreed on Jagger, and Tin machine, Kenny G, Bolton....

There'sa few acts on there that don't fit the theme f'rinstance, I've at least laughed at some of ICP's stuff earnestly, I always thought those guys were doing musical standup or something, talented or not, whereas a guy like kenny G, doing what he does is the musical equivalent of hammering nails into slate with a TV set it's so wrong
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

We should make a list of 50 of the worst lists. Who is with me?
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.

Sounds good. I've listed my 4 entries above.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

No EP, a list of "The worst lists". NOt adding singers, just the lists from various magazines.