Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Sand Crawler CANCELED for 2004.

The Private Universe on:

http://books.dreambook.com/tpu/probenews.html

Scoop - Sandcrawler Cancelled!</I>ScoopTrooper called me with some bad news. The Sandcrawler, cancelled in '03, has now been cancelled for '04! USA retailers have not taken this vehicle up as a store exclusive, so it is being held off again. Whether it will be released next year is unknown, we wait and see...

As the UK is a minor market,we only get the 'left overs' of our US friends so we cannot expect this vehicle to rumble over the sand dunes either.

Like I can give a crap, but there are many that do.
    Last edited by Turbowars; 04-21-2004 at 05:21 PM.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Re: Sand Crawler CANCELED for 2004.

I'm with you man.... I won't miss this POS either.

I'm mixed on it.I wanted to buy the Sandcrawler but I'll take the extra $40 and buy more action figures
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneJediGirl
    I'm mixed on it.I wanted to buy the Sandcrawler but I'll take the extra $40 and buy more action figures
    Indeed, I was kinda looking forward to moreso than the new X-wing, but the money can be spent for another year on catching up on better stuff.

By the time it actually gets made, someone will have made a 1:1 human scale Sandcrawler.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I was actualy looking forward to this more than the other vehicles we're being offered in the Fall. The paint job looked good on it, and at least it's a "new" vehicle vs more reissues.

It dont matter to me if its canceled or not. I wasnt buying that crap anyway. I do hope they decide to repackage those figures though.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I thought it was pretty much a done deal with Target. What happened?
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by B'Omarr Monkey
    I was actualy looking forward to this more than the other vehicles we're being offered in the Fall. The paint job looked good on it, and at least it's a "new" vehicle vs more reissues.
    Where do you get that it's a "new" Vehicle? The damn thing is considered a classic in years. Just because Hasbro decides to throw a new paint job on a vintage toy doesn't make it new. God I sound like I'm mad, but really I'm not.
    (Like my posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy
    I thought it was pretty much a done deal with Target. What happened?
    Hell, who knows. The article might be wrong and it's still coming. Until Hasbro issues a statement we don't know.
    (Like my posts)

Fine with me. I'd like a Sandcrawler, but make it a new and bigger one that we'd actually feel happy spending too much money on.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008