Stikfas....ad in Toyfare?

Did anyone notice the big one page ad in Toyfare for Stikfas regarding copyright infringements? Does anyone have further info on this?

Re: Stikfas....ad in Toyfare?

Yeah, I noticed that ad too. Wasn't sure what to make of it myself.

It seemed kinda strange... more like a warning than an advertisement. Maybe there was some major bootleg issue w/stikfas? I dunno

I noticed it too, I thought it was just an advertising ploy to get our attention. Either way I think they are pretty ridiculous looking things.
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

I gathered that there either were issues with Hasbro regarding their recent and quite similar "Xevoz" line, or perhaps a dispute regarding the very similar "Titaniums" line from Play Mind.

They still make these things?
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by RooJay
    I gathered that there either were issues with Hasbro regarding their recent and quite similar "Xevoz" line, or perhaps a dispute regarding the very similar "Titaniums" line from Play Mind.
    It's certainly not the former, as Xevoz are licensed Stikfas products (the packaging even sports a Stikfas logo). I'm fairly confident it's those Play Mind Titanium figures. I said as much in the ongoing discussion about this ad over on figures.com's forums: http://www.figures.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4643
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Xevoz may be licensed Stikfas product, but what I meant was that there may have been some kind of dispute with Hasbro over that very license - note that the Toyfare ad does not sport the Hasbro logo, nor mention the Hasbro affilitation in any way.
    For the record, my money is on the Titanium line also.

Well, I suppose that is possible, but it seems highly unlikely to me. Plus, Xevoz & Stikfas have less in common visually than Titaniums & Stikfas.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

These, maybe?

Shockinis

End...
    They call them fingers, and yet they don't fing. Noodle that one for a while.
    "Logic dictates we haul @$$." - Mego Spock from Twisted Toyfare Theater; Issue #59

According to Shocker Toys' main dude, they haven't heard that was the case. The Shockini seems different visually and designed enough from a Stikfas figure, moreso than the Play Minds Titaniums, but I suppose anything's possible. I really want to know what's up, I can't imagine a great line like Xevoz, one that even carries the Stikfas brand name on it, to be the focus of Stikfas' ire and if that's not the case, then all those suggestions out there to the contrary might end up hurting both lines.