Brian's Toy List

Was just reading Tomart's and an ad for Brian's Toys lists the OTC figures tpo include, Luke Jedi, Luke X-Wing, Chewbacca etc. Are these re-sculpts or just repacks on OTC cards.
    Plus if they are going to make a Luke X-Wing, will it be the POTJ Luke, or the original POTF Luke.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Re: Brian's Toy List

The X-Wing Luke will be the POTJ version
    Go ahead and reply, I probably wont read this for another week or so, much less even care what you've got to say to begin with. So I'd advise you to not waste your time, but if you want to, then go ahead :rolleyes:

Great people to trade with:
    ANEEL, Sith_Killer_99, and DEFINITELY Val Da Car!

The OTC collection will consist primarily of re-re-releases so that Hasbro can cash in on the people who will watch the Star Wars trilogy for the first time, when the DVDs are released, and then want to buy up as many toys as possible.

In all actuality though, Star Wars has been on VHS since the mid-80s. How many people can there possibly be who haven't seen it yet? And of that tiny group, how many of those people would be willing to spend over $50 (I don't know the actual MSRP) on three movies they know nothing about?
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I'm guessing there are probably a bunch of people born after ROTJ came out who have never seen a SW movie, or at least any of the OT. I think what Hasbro is hoping for though is the under 10 crowd whose parents are buying it, so that they, and their kids can watch it, possibly for the first time. Hasbro's hoping for those kids more than for any adults, though of course I'm betting there will be a few adults who walking into Suncoast, or passing through Target might see a display of familiar SW figures, and decide to pick them up for the nostalgia value.

When the current line started in 1995. I bought the initial wave expressly because I'd collected the vintage line, and thought it would be cool to have new sculpts of the primary characters. I never thought the line would go past that initial wave, or that I'd still be buying them ten years later.

Quote Originally Posted by B'Omarr Monkey
    When the current line started in 1995. I bought the initial wave expressly because I'd collected the vintage line, and thought it would be cool to have new sculpts of the primary characters. I never thought the line would go past that initial wave, or that I'd still be buying them ten years later.
    me too b'omarr. i can't even remember now why i went into the toy shop but there he was - boba fett, sitting on the shelf waiting for me! so were R2 D2 and C3PO!. i didn't realise i would be buying the figures ten years later, or how much the damn things were going to cost me !
    come one, come all/chalk your eyes/blood for gall/this isn’t the same world/your children are offerings/bow down/give thanks for their scant sufferings/chalk your eyes/the bigger the god so small the man/just this wooden horse remains

is this what you fought for?/green order/green order

I am with you two guys. Figured it was just homeage to the Original line. But here we are thousands lighter and rooms fuilled with toys.

Yes, most the the OTC is rehashes. Jedi Luke is actually the one put out earlier this year.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Seems like another crappy idea from hasbro. I will not be buying any repacks. I am not a variation carded collector...just a carded collector. The re-re-releases are starting to tick me off.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.