Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Question Mayhew talks on Episodes 7, 8, and 9!?

I really don't think this belongs here, but since it contains a spoiler that some may not know about I put it here. I was looking around killermovies.com and found this little article. Although I am hopeful that it isn't true since I believe that SW should just wrap up with E3. Anyway here it is,

Peter Mayhew who has been signed on for the third prequel Star Wars: Episode III told British magazine Hotdog some interesting contract info, heres the snippet:
    "No wonder Peter "Chewbacca" Mayhew is smiling. Not only has he been rescued from obscurity and given the chance to reprise his role as our Wookiee comrade for Episode III, but his contract also stipulates that he'd be required to appear in Episodes 7, 8, and 9.

Yes folks, seems there are actual whispers at Lucasfilm that the 'sequel' trilogy might be in the works..."

Now this might not mean that theres is sequels planned but just planning ahead if they ever do try to make them
    Khoo-Ha...Please Pass The Jelly.

Re: Mayhew talks on Episodes 7, 8, and 9!?

what happens after return of the jedi has been written in one or two books, or so i believe.

so if they were ever going to film sequels they have three choices, as i see it.

1) create three new films taking into account events that have happened in the books that have been written.

2) use some of the books as a basis for the sequels.

3) ignore the books entirely, pretend that nothing written since return of the jedi really happened (bit like boba fetts origins in the tales of the bounty hunters series) and p**s off a lot of people who have bought and read said books to find out what happened next !

i can't see it ever happening to be honest. if they don't do it soon the actors and actresses will be old to do the films anyway.
    come one, come all/chalk your eyes/blood for gall/this isnít the same world/your children are offerings/bow down/give thanks for their scant sufferings/chalk your eyes/the bigger the god so small the man/just this wooden horse remains

is this what you fought for?/green order/green order

Not gonna happen! The story is finished! The ending is perfect, by adding more movies to the end of the story will totaly ruin it! Then again, the story will be ruined enough by the time Episode III comes out anyway, so ruining it even more won't make a difference .

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Quote Originally Posted by arctangent

i can't see it ever happening to be honest. if they don't do it soon the actors and actresses will be old to do the films anyway.
    Oh I hope you are right!! I can't imagine going through another three of these things.
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

George Lucas is in his 60's. I really cannot see the man agreeing to work on this into his 70's. He has said (and I believe him) that there are other things he wants to do.

Besides, once Episode III is done, he'll go back and tinker with all of the movies to make sure they flow together for the Ultimate Edition.

Also, I read once Mark Hammill signed a contract for four Star Wars movies. Just because they have people sign contracts doesn't mean they're ever going to use their options.

I wonder if wookies have grey hair? I don't see this happening either, not with all the books that have been written following episodes 4, 5, and 6. Even if the movies followed the books, we would be missing the intrigue involved in wondering what will happen. I would much prefer to see what happened in-between episodes. Like when Han mentions running into a bounty hunter on Ordn Mandell (sp?). Wishful thinking, I know...
    "He's no good to me dead."

I really don't want any more Star Wars films after Episode 3, but I've actually heard that there are plans for another trilogy and that Speilberg may direct it. Aparently Speilberg wants to apologize to the Star Wars fans for Episodes 1 and 2.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Why does Stephen want to apologize for Eps 1 and 2??? He didn't ruin them .

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

The idea that Steven Spielberg would try to fix his best friend's most important project is absurd. Or that Lucas would let him. And like someone else said, it isn't Spielberg's place to apologize. And I reject the notion that we need more Star Wars films to make up for the prequels.

Rogue II I am not attacking you! I just think the information you received is wrong!

Mayhew is just talking this up to add more business to his year round convention appearances.