Exclamation Solution to problem with paint apps!

I have been collecting star wars figures since 1994 or whenever, and some various action figure, lord of the rings, and such. I think I have borderline ocd (obsessive compulsive disorder) because paint slops really bothers me. I have found a way around it mostly, and there is some good news. Here is what you need to buy. Paint thinner from a hobby store, the kind of exacto knife that come out of a pen sized knife, a tiny paint brush. When you see paint slop, most of the time it can be fixed. First try rubbing it with your fingernail. If that doesnt work, gently rub it with the edge of the exacto. If not that take the brush and lightly apply the thinner to the spot and lightly rub with exacto. That removes 90% of paint slop with no damage to figure. Only type slop you cant fix is missing paint, as opposed to too much paint, or crossed eyes. HERE ARE THE FIGURES THAT I HAVE HAD THE WORST TIME TRYING TO FIND well painted figures, and yes they are getting much worse laterly

NUMBER 1. Death Star Droid. I think Hasbro meant to release the silver, then at last minute painted over with purple/black color. ALL of them have paint chips. I would pay 20-30 Dollars for a death star droid without paint chips.

Number 2. SAGA Bossk. I have bought 3 now before i found a good one.

Number 3. Saga General Madine. I doubt I will see too many of these, but the ones I have seen the hair is nowhere near painted in the right spot, hair bleeding all over the face.

Number 4. Rebel trooper tantive 4. First off the black on the helmet overshoots the bounds of what it is supposed to, but that is a factory error on all of them. But since it overshoots, the edges of the helmet are painted really horrible, plus you cant fix it.

Number 5. Saga Dengar, tough to find a good one, took me 3 buys.

Number 6. potf2 han hoth and rebel hoth trooper, you dont wanna know how many of these peg warmers i went through to get a good one.

Number 7. Saga Lando General. ALready Cant find a good one of these

Number 8. Saga darth maul thees hanger. Since its the best maul i really looked hard for this. I found a perfect one after seeing maybe 20 of them. big problem teeth misalignment.

number 9. stormtrooper and their visor paint. good thing i can fix most of these prblems, unles sits missing paint.

number 10. clonetroopers. same thing

THE good news is that star wars toys are waaaay easier to fix then any other line, believe me, worst paint slop offenders are mcfarlane and toybiz. i buy a few sportspicks and marvel legends, those are ones that are tough. even lord of the rings are kinda touhg
    I would like to own star wars figures

Re: Solution to problem with paint apps!

I'd be happy if I could find any of those figures, paint slops, or no.

Same here.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I am with you guys. Looks like I am gonna have to hit Ebay for em.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

The fingernail trick used to get rid of paint blobs, but since the POTJ line, the materials don't work too well that way for me, either it won't come off or it ends up marring the area around it when I try. As for repainting, I don't do paints anymore, that's what I pay Hasbro for... in theory. And as for using thinner, a lot of the paint slop I see is stuff like eyes where thinner would end up making things worse, or paint on paint problems where you remove the error but also the paint underneath. That's just me though.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.