Hybrid View

Oh God NOOOOOOOO!

From Yahoo News:

Teen Band Menudo Being Revived

NEW YORK - Menudo, the popular Puerto Rican teen pop band of the '70s and '80s, is being revived.

Menudo Entertainment bought all the merchandising and property rights about a month ago from Latin record executive Oscar Lloyd, and is working with talent agencies and radio stations in its search for band members, company spokeswoman Cathy Callegari said Wednesday.

"Our aim is to target the `tween market," Callegari told The Associated Press. "We feel there's a void there. What happens is, artists start young like Britney Spears (news) and they get old really quick and move into a new age of fans."

Auditions for boys ages 10 to 16 are planned for this summer in the United States and Latin America. Plans are for finalists to be nationally televised and judged by a celebrity panel with worldwide viewer voting.

Five band members and two alternates will be selected.

Menudo was formed in 1977. The boys were booted when they turned 16, and the group had about 30 different members, including Ricky Martin (news).

Callegari said the new group will eventually record an album in both English and Spanish, but the boys don't need to be bilingual. And just like the original Menudo, they'll leave the band when they reach 16.

Some of the former members have been notified of plans for the new group, she said.

"We haven't put our panel of judges together yet but certainly it's one of our objectives to have former members involved. We'd sure love to have Ricky Martin."

Menudo sold more than 20 million albums in English and Spanish. An adult version, called MDO was mildly popular in the 1990s.
    I'm scared.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Re: Oh God NOOOOOOOO!

Now if someone created a girl band where members would join when they turned 18 and were booted at 21 I think a lot more of us would pay attention.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Oh this is just great! What we need to see now is for New Edition to get back together. What this amounts to is that they are running low on funds and need to get back into the game.
    "He's no good to me dead."

OH GOD NOOOOOOOOOO

Thats been said already.

WHY LORD WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?????
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

No one should be surprised, really. If you think about it, the 90's liked to portray everything 70's; ie music, fashions, pop culture, styles et al.

Now that it's the 00's, everything 80's will be coming back into style as you can already see at the nearest mall; 80's fashions are coming back in, 80's toy lines are being remade, 80's music is coming into style again and that means Menudo.

GACK!

History is just a gigantic recycling machine and always tends to repeat itself, no matter how hard we try to keep the worst of it at bay.

But to quote a very wise man... "I'm scared" too hehe
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Deoxyribonucleic
    Now that it's the 00's, everything 80's will be coming back into style.
    Gimme more Men Without Hats and I'll be happy.
    "Smeeeeee....Heeeeeee...." -- Kryten 4000