Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

"Action Fleet" Star Destroyer after all?

From the preview for this year's Christmas Hallmark ornaments (http://www.starwars.com/collecting/n...20040429b.html)

In the description of the Star Destroyer is says it is 5 and a half inches WIDE. Meaning it's gotta be at least 7-7 1/2" long Maybe the perfect replacement for the canceled Star Destroyer?
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Re: "Action Fleet" Star Destroyer after all?

I don't know about the perfect replacement. I think it will have lights and sound. I'm not sure though . And I think it will be made of the same half plastic half die-cast metal as Jango's Slave-1. Speaking of which that a Hard ornament to hang. It's pretty heavy. I hope the Star Destroyer isn't that heavy
    "I'm a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango Fett

LET'S GO PENS!!!! LET'S GO PENS!!!!

The hook loop looks too large for that to be 5" wide or more, maybe they meant 5.5 cm and made a mistake, or maybe they meant 5.5" long. Why is it 3PO's voice though, that seems weird? If it's over 6" long, it's probably going to be worth getting as an AF replacement, but I'd have to see it in person first to really judge that (plus, I hate having to remove those loops from these things, and I don't really like how the lights look on the centerline).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Even if it isn't a perfect replacement, I want one for the micro blockade runner - it looks cool.

If any of you Yankee Doodles see one in a store in October, could you please bag me one (I will either Paypal you or send cash)?

Cheers

Britcit3

Sure BC3, my family always puts this year's Keepsakes in layaway when they come out, I'll see on putting in an extra one for you or just going ahead and buying it. That way I can finally return the favor after those Ep1 Micromachines you got me awhile back, just pay what's leftover after what those MM packs cost you (got two) and the shipping if that's cool? I still have the box so I can look that up for ya.
    Last edited by LTBasker; 05-01-2004 at 02:57 AM.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."

interesting item. What would be its price?
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

It'll be $28 in the US, and $41 in Canada so I hope this thing is pretty large cause if it isn't huge..it ain't worth it.

Btw JT, I dunno if Hallmark has ever flubbed on their sizes when they list them like that. Here's hopin it's really that large though.

I didn't see where it has 3PO's voice, but since it has a blockade runner also, then I would guess it's to reenact the opening of ANH and 3PO says something about the power plant being knocked out (or whatever that line is).
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Thanks LT

BC

http://www.afigures.com/g/albums/Sta...i4084_xlrg.jpg

Hallmark will release a Vulcan Heavy Cruiser in orctober for $28. Size : 6,7 inches long. Same thing for the SD.
    - "I've never understood Walt Disney".
    Howard Philip Lovecraft.