Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: How many of us are openers?

I'm an opener with a few exclusives and some with cool packaging as the exceptions. If I left everything in the boxes the storage issue would be outrageous. It also seems to be more inviting to visitors to see the figures on display than just stacked in boxes somewhere.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

i used to open open all of my figures but then i stopped mostly because of my dad he bought me the potf2 figures when the first came out i didnt even know they were out and i had lost all of my original ones and then i got into it with him collecting he used to go to toys r us for me when i was busy and he would pick up new figures, then he passed away a few years ago so then i stopped opening them mostly because we had so much fun collecting them now i collect them with my older brothr hes 32.so I must say just enjoy your figures opened or closed they are meant to be enjoyed thats what they were built for.

I don't open Star Wars toys. I have bought doubles of figures in the past to open, but they usually disappoint me. Especially some of the Saga figs I bought to open.

I am more likely to start opening my figures from McFarlane or NECA. Now those beautiful toys are begging to be displayed as conversation pieces. I don't see any SW figure making me feel the same way...maybe the Unleashed line. Basic figures, though....nope.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

I'm with JBFF. The few Saga figures i've opened disappointed me. Some of the older POTF figures i've opened to do some dioramas for school projects. Oh, the look on teachers faces when i did a compare/contrast of "Star trek II" to "Moby Dick" and then used Han Solo as Kahn and then Darth Vader as Ishamel.

I did order a second set of Kill Bill figures (Bride and 3 crazy 88's) to open and display. I also bought an extra Neo and Agent Smith from the Matrix wave 2 last year and those are on display at home.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Like stillakid, I open everything save silver, convention, and Christmas figures. I also have an extra Jorg Sacul that I opened, and carded Episode I Anakin (from CI) and orange Dagobah Luke with short saber on long tray. I'm not looking to sell, I just like them. I save the cards and inserts and they're all in order in two containers, which are now becoming a pain with the huge Ultra cards.

I'm wondering now, what to do with the OTC vintage figures. They look beautiful on the cards, and come in a nice clamshell to keep them pristine and mint. However, they are probably the best figures that have ever been made and beg to be put in dioramas and played with. Though if I open them the clamshell is useless with that huge OTC sticker on the front. I think I'll end up opening them and saving the cards, and maybe if I have enough money or see them enough I'll get carded doubles.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I'm an opener. I think not opening ships is a little silly since you can't even see the toy inside the box. LOL

Still... I can appreciate anyone who collects and does things for their own reasons. I just prefer enjoying the toys as I don't really see most of them going up in value. Besides... I don't collect them to turn around to make a profit on them. They are going to have to pry my figures from my cold, dead hands!!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I think not opening ships is a little silly since you can't even see the toy inside the box. LOL
    I agree, but POTJ came along and changed all that, with their flimsy clear plastic "window" boxes.

They are going to have to pry my figures from my cold, dead hands!!!
    Not me, they'll have to burry me with my collection! Who says you can't take it with you!
    May the force be with you.

I'm an opener since day one! However, I do have some MOC: POTF2 Ben Kenobi (Red Card), Saga Yoda, Silver R2-D2, and Silver Clone Trooper. With the VOTC coming, I am going to buy 2 of the figures I really like, one to open, one to keep MOC.
    "Chad Vader to aisle 5 for vomit cleanup. Chad to aisle 5 for vomit cleanup."

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99
    Not me, they'll have to burry me with my collection! Who says you can't take it with you!
    Gonna have to be a huge dang coffin for you.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

100% opener, baby!
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.