Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

How many of us are openers?

I started as an opener and then for a while collected everything MOC until some of my figures were damaged in while in storage, and decided to open my figures boy did i feel like a little girl on X-mas. now I usually buy an extra figure to keep close if I really like the package & presentation but rare or not I do open everything even my SA clones
    Donald Rumsfeld briefed the President this morning. He told Bush that 3 Brazilian solders were killed in Iraq. all the color drained from Bush's face,visibly shaken, almost in tears. Finally, he composed himself and asked Rumsfeld, "Just exactly how many is a brazillion?

Re: How many of us are openers?

Not I, everything is sealed MOC or MIB. I have vehicles I have never even looked at.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I used to be like that then i realized that since i'm not planing on selling my collection i better look at my figures open them and display them in glass cases it's really therapeutic(sp) for me to hold my figures admire the details and even cleaning them
    Donald Rumsfeld briefed the President this morning. He told Bush that 3 Brazilian solders were killed in Iraq. all the color drained from Bush's face,visibly shaken, almost in tears. Finally, he composed himself and asked Rumsfeld, "Just exactly how many is a brazillion?

::Raises hand:: For a good 9/10 years now I've been an opener, always have been, always will be. Only certain figures (like the Silver Clone Trooper) I keep packaged, even the rare ones I open and display, rarity is only rarity til its on my display shelves. Then its priceless.
    Go ahead and reply, I probably wont read this for another week or so, much less even care what you've got to say to begin with. So I'd advise you to not waste your time, but if you want to, then go ahead :rolleyes:

Great people to trade with:
    ANEEL, Sith_Killer_99, and DEFINITELY Val Da Car!

I second your opinion

I was a MOC collector and then I'd by extras of each one to open + army builders for dioramas until just recently I started opening a bunch of saga figures and then I was on vacation for 9 days this last week and I opened everything else, exception being a few select ones from each card change.

I did leave all of the orange carded POTF2 figs on their cards...no sense in opening those as I think most of those figures look like crap now compared to their newer counterparts but they do look good on the card. I also keep all my silver figs on cards, my Jorg Sacul and bloody stump luke plus the entire line of commtech figures.

I plan on opening everything else I get from here on out except for the 12 OTC figures that will be released in accordance with the OT on DVD. Those bad boys just need to be kept carded on those vintage cards.

Kidhuman, what do you ever plan on doing with your vehicles in boxes?? Do you at least display the box of them?? It's kinda to me but hey, each to there own. I am curious though whether you display them in their box or what have you.
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

My name's Sid and I'm an Opener. I've been an opener all my life. Even after joining OA, I continued to open. I've tried keeping items MOC or MIB, even with Star Cases but nothings ever worked. You may think I'm odd or weird but I like myself. Opening is a way of life and I don't think I'll ever change.
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

I open everything except my Silver Vader & R2, and a few extra Cinema Scenes and such. Opening my figures is the only reason I collect, if I couldn't enjoy these as toys, I wouldn't bother, they'd just be large Trading Cards to me otherwise.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'm still a MOC collector, but with each passing day I'm becoming closer and closer to opening them. Storing some of these figures and keeping the card mint is a pain.
    "Smeeeeee....Heeeeeee...." -- Kryten 4000

I open everything except for the specially packaged items like the silver figures, Convention Exclusives, and Christmas things.