Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sideshow Toy

Sideshow Toy

So, I'm wondering who else here (besides me) is a huge fan of Sideshow Toy? Awesome 12" figures, cool busts and other collectibles. They make a fantastic product -they get them out on time and are reasonably priced. They definatly set a new standard for quality collectibles.

Over the last few years I've picked up...

Star Trek: Captain Kirk, Mr. Spock, Scotty, Dr. McCoy and Captain Koloth mini-busts.

12" 007: Sean Connery and Joseph Wiseman from "Dr. No"
    Pierce Brosnan from "Die Another Day"
    George Lazenby and Telly Savalas from "On Her Majestys Secret Service"
    Timothy Dalton and Robert Davi from "License to Kill"
    Roger Moore and Christopher Lee from "The Man with the Golden Gun"

Universal Monsters: Karloff from "Frankenstein"
    Bela Lugosi from "Dracula"
    Lon Chaney Jr. from "The Wolfman"
    Dwight Frye from "Frankenstein"
    Lon Chaney from "London after Midnight"
    and Count Orlok

SO here it is, the Official SSG Sideshow Toy thread!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Re: Sideshow Toy

I collected the Twilight Zone figures. I'd like to pick up some other stuff but cash is tight.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

I have only purchased the LoTR items. Soon the Hellboy line will be added to my collection.

Yeah.. I've always admired those Sideshow 12"ers.

I think I'll finally break and get the Hellboy Kroenen figure. That thing looks awesome!

I have all of the Universal 12" monsters + London After Midnight, Nosferatu, Vlad the Impaler, and all of their 8" monster line which I lament them cancelling. I will also be getting the Hellboy 12" line. There are others I'd like to pick up if I can find them at reduced prices. I really like their Outer Limits figures, but don't own any yet.

B'Omarr Monkey, do you have all the versions of the Frankenstein Monster (Karloff, Chaney, Lugosi and Strange)?? Which is your favorite?

Sideshow Toys is the best toy company currently in business - hands down. Everything they make, even the stuff I have no interest in like their Get Smart line, is still nothing short of being incredibly awesome and totally perfect. As long as I have the money for it, I will always buy whatever it is they're selling.

Received my Fell Beast w/WitchKing statue the other day. Looks Pimp.

I'll bet it does Pedro! The pics I saw of it look sweeet! I'd get one if Master Replicas and Gentile Giant didnt cost soo much.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayspawn
    B'Omarr Monkey, do you have all the versions of the Frankenstein Monster (Karloff, Chaney, Lugosi and Strange)?? Which is your favorite?
    I finally just got the Frankenstein monster from "Bride of Frankenstein" but haven't seen it yet. I'm in the middle of moving and had it sent to my in-laws until we reach our new place. But, of the others, I'm still pretty partial to the first Karloff Frankenstein, which is great if you want one, because it was pretty plentiful and was sold at TRU for $20 before Sideshow dropped the chains.

They're all really great, but the Chaney and Lugosi versions look so much like Chaney and Lugosi that they look less like the iconic Universal Frankenstein. i like the Strange version a lot too.

I'm trying to decide whether I'm going to display them at Halloween sitting around a table playing poker, or put them in a tableau where they are all fighting the forthcoming 12" Hellboy. I feel compelled to get the "Young Frankenstein figure to fill this out. I just bought the Jakks Pacific "Van Helsing" 12" Frankenstein's monster aswell. Not as nice as the Sideshow toys, but much better than the "Van Helsing" 6" line.