Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: Best/Worst remakes or covers?

Quote Originally Posted by arctangent
    joe cockers version of with a little help from my friends is pretty good, better than the beatles original infact imo.

There aren't many covers that can even rival or surpass the original, but that is one of them.

Anothger good cover is Leon Russel doing Bob Dylans, Masters of War to the Star Spangled Banner. Pearl Jam also covered Masters of War on a Dylan Tribute and did phenominal.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I for got about Faith No More's cover of "Easy". I also have a Pearl Jam doing "Rockin in the Free World" Pretty good........

How did we all forget about FNM "Easy"???? Great damn tune!!!!

Pearl Jam has done alot of covers. I have a bootleg from them that is entirely cover tracks. Eddie Vedders biggest influence is Neil Young, and he does alot of Neil Young songs.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.

Man, I forgot all about "Easy." I haven't heard that Jane's Addiction cover...yet.

I forgot another really bad cover: Limp Bizkit covered the Who's "Behind Blue Eyes." They didn't even cover the whole bleepin' song.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Quote Originally Posted by scruffziller
    The PET SHOP BOYS have improved upon every cover they have ever done.
    Damn straight brotha! (Sorry, I'm not a Metallica fan).

Good:
    Anything on the "This Mortal Coil" album -- everything is a cover.
    "Sympathy for the Devil" by Liebach (sp?)
    "Wonderwall" by The Michael Flowers Pops
    "Solsbury Hill" and "Make Me Smile" by Erasure (In fact any cover by Erasure)
    "Stop!" by Bjorn Again (They are an Abba cover band)
    "Blue Monday" by Orgy

Bad:
    "Route 66" by Depeche Mode
    Any cover of a Cure song (I haven't heard one I like)
    Many of the ones already mentioned...
    "Smeeeeee....Heeeeeee...." -- Kryten 4000

A;most forgot

Nirvan - Lake of Fire, Where did you sleep last night?, Plateu

A good one I haven't seen mentioned was Guns N' Roses: Live and Let Die. I actually like this version better than the original by Paul and Linda McCartney.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now dont take this the wrong way but I think youve been holding out on us.

Joker: I dont keep count. Im going to kill everyone in this room.

Another coupl eof good ones you can add to my list are:

Type O Negative - Summer Breeze
    Porcupine Tree - Thank You
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Faith No More's war Pigs

Good:
    A.F.I. - Halloween
    Stone Temple Pilots - Break on Through (i like it at least)

Bad:
    that girl singing the white stripes song (it was bad to begin with, she made it worse)
    Jessica Simpson - Take my breath away (she even forgot the words to it at music midtown here in atlanta i heard)
    [FONT=comic sans ms]ok make me stop talking, it's not interesting anymore[/FONT]