Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: Best/Worst remakes or covers?

It wouldnt surprise me if she forgot the words to her own song.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

the manic street preachers versions of 'can't take my eyes off you' and 'singing in the rain' are both pretty groovey but limp bizkets version of the who's 'behind blue eyes' sucks big time. fred isn't fit to roadie pete townsend's guitar let alone cover one of his songs !
    come one, come all/chalk your eyes/blood for gall/this isnít the same world/your children are offerings/bow down/give thanks for their scant sufferings/chalk your eyes/the bigger the god so small the man/just this wooden horse remains

is this what you fought for?/green order/green order

I heard the most God Awful cover last night. Someone covered Chains by Fleetood Mgac agnd it wags horrid.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.

I guess that breaks the chain (no pun intended) of great FM covers.

Santana hit it big covering "Black Magic Woman."

Both the Smashing Pumpkins and the Dixie Chicks did stellar covers of "Landslide" (though the radio remix of the Chicks' version sucks eggs).

Then there was that "Tribute to Rumours" album with Jewel and Elton John and. . . . oh, wait, that was an entire album of bad Fleetwood Mac covers! My theory just went to H E Double Hockey Sticks.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

judas priest have covered 'green manalishi (with the two pronged crown)' in their live show for years, which is a cover from the peter green era fleetwood mac and i also recently discovered that 'diamonds and rust' isn't a priest song either but was originally sung by joan baez (don't know if thats the right spelling). they have made both songs their own and sound like they were written by priest themselves.
    come one, come all/chalk your eyes/blood for gall/this isnít the same world/your children are offerings/bow down/give thanks for their scant sufferings/chalk your eyes/the bigger the god so small the man/just this wooden horse remains

is this what you fought for?/green order/green order

Last time I saw Priest they did "diamonds and rust" bigtime, first 2 verses and choruses all acoustic then kicking in large for the last one, it brought tears to my eyes it was so awesome....

Priests' cover of "Johnny b goode" from ram it down is terrible, though

Phil Collins' "can't hurry love" stinks on ice

Dio and Yngwie Malmsteens cover of "Dream On" (aerosmith) is pretty good...

Oh, and agreed on Nessun Dorma, that song is so sad taken in context (as a tribute to Eric'c mother, who passed away while they were recording)
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

Add another one to the WORST list for me:

Scissor Sisters - Comfortably Numb
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

More good (as an English teacher, I must correct that mistake: gooder )
    "Hazy Shade of Winter" The Bangles
    "Mrs. Robinson" The Lemonheads (must be a Simon & Garfunkel thing)
    "There She Goes" Six Pence None the Richer

More bad (again, the English teacher in me commands me: worser )
    "Kiss" Tom Jones
    "Lean on Me" Club Noveux (sp?, or is it Timex Social Club?)
    "American Pie" Madonna
    Last edited by Bel-Cam Jos; 05-15-2004 at 02:20 PM.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Club Noveux was correct. Spelling might be off but it was them.

I havent been around for awhile so if anyone mentioned this previously sorry. I cant stand Kelly Osbournes version of the MaDonna song "Papa dont preach".
    It is never to late to be what you might have been. (George Eliot)

Courage is as often the outcome of despair as hope; in the one case we have nothing to lose, in the other, all to gain (Diane De Poiters)