Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Live action series in the works?

According to Theforce.net, it looks as if there definitley will be a live action Star Wars tv series in the future.
    More SW TV Series Confirmation
    Mon, May 03, 04 01:00:20 AM EDT

Sean writes in with this cool report to confirm work on a SW TV Show is most definitely happening:
    I asked him about Star Wars' future and he got really excited and told me in thinly veiled comments that it is going to TV (live-action) . He couldn't go into details because he was under a legal contract. So I asked this gentlemen if the show was pre-EP4, he said maybe with a smile, then I asked about Vader, and he had the same response, same with Chewbacca, same with Tarkin. Anyways he said Lucasfilm was really excited about this, and he did mention that there were to be no Episodes 7-9.
    We've got more coming this week, but let's just say a TV Show is a definite thing, according to documents being distributed to licensees and marketing people now.
    But the question remains, will it be set closer to Episode 3 or Episode 4...?

http://www.theforce.net/holonet/index.shtml#23814
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Re: Live action series in the works?

Well Pendo will definately be happy.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

I'm not sure what to make of this. I don't really know if a Star Wars series would really be that great. Unless it is just a limited time thing. If it is just going to be on for a short while I will probably enjoy it. I'm excited and optimistic, but I'm also a little cautious.
    Khoo-Ha...Please Pass The Jelly.

I wouldn't mind seeiggn it last during the Clone Wars era. It could follow a specific Jedi or Commander around and his battles during the war. That way it could be a type of Spin off and have no real link to the Star Wars cannon that everyone would fear. It would be in the same universe integrated into the timeline, but not change or effect the Skywalker story.

Just my 2 cents.

=MATT=
    * General Disclaimer- I can't spell or type- Deal with it.

I still think a series about Corran Horn in the years leading up to his quitting CorSec would be a great series, and not require quite the level of special effects most possible series would.

And we could see Bossk a lot! Wooooo! Someone give that lizard a !!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I think it should completely avoid any of the characters from the movies and be it's own entity set in the SW Universe.

I'm skeptical about the quality. Action shows don't tend to be so great on tv. Between the budget and the fact that an entire hour long episode has to be filmed in one week's time, the action tends to be limited. Also, expect a lot of recycled SFX.

I could see it maybe being about a soldier, or jedi (depending on the time setting) off on a bunch of missions, or possible the tales of a squadron like "Space: Above and Beyond."

I hope it doesn't end up being the weekly adventures of a Bounty Hunter chasing down various other characters, or worse yet, something akin to all those other Sci Fi shows like "The Incredible Hulk," "Logan's Run," or "Planet of the Apes," among others where every week our heroes are set in with a bunch of people with special needs and problems, that the heroes solve before moving on. Who would have thought that "The Incredible Hulk" would have gone from fighting tanks and supervillians in the comics to helping a race car driver's son who has Down's Syndrome?

I'd actually prefer a half-hour animated series like what we got with the Clone Wars. Those five minute cartoons had better action than the movies and really showed the Jedi as a awesome warriors (that scene where Mace was trashing the super battle droids, especially the one where he popped all the screws out for example) vs the cannon fodder they became in AOTC.

Quote Originally Posted by scruffziller
    Well Pendo will definately be happy.

As long as it doesn't get to Star Treckie, I won't mind it...

...I hope...

I dunno if it'll work really. I suppose it will be better than having a cartoon series. And setting it between Episode III and IV would be the best option, especially because of the big gap. And if it turns out to be a pile of Bantha Poodo, I can disregard it as canon, as I have with the Clone Wars series .

A better option for more money than making Episodes VII-IX anyways !

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

God i hope not. They should work on an animated Shadows of the Empire instead.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

I dunno, I'm excited about it. I think it has great potenial.
    “Denial is in the eyes of the person you’re arguing with.” - Me

"I try not to set standards. I don't like to show people I'm superior." - Me

Re: Live action SW series in the works? (merged)

I don't see why the series couldn't focus on different stories in the history of the SW Universe. I mean why not have Boba in some, Clones is some, Vader in some, and Luke Skywalker in some? Could you imagine Mark Hamill reprising his role as an older Luke along with Mara? or even his twin?? They did get Mark to play the voice of luke for the Video game so why not? A series about the time between Ep III - IV would not have too many Jedi battles wuld it? these could be done as seperate one shot TV movies or 2-3 part series. Kind of like the Indy series.