Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Red face Help! My stomach fell out!

I found this on the TLC website...

Man's Stomach Falls Out After Staples Removed
    April 30, 2004 — George Sternats' first concern on returning home after having surgical staples removed from his abdomen following a stomach operation was to check on his backyard garden.

But instead of gathering some fresh vegetables, the 65-year-old found himself picking up his own stomach that had spilled out when his surgical wound reopened, his partner said on Friday.

"He was looking at how many tomatoes were on, and next minute I heard him scream 'Get the ambulance, my stomach fell out'," Cheryl Orme told reporters.

Sternats wrapped a towel around himself to hold his stomach in while Orme called an ambulance.

"They wanted to know if he had pains in his chest and I screamed at them 'His stomach fell out, he just got staples out from a cancer operation'," Orme recounted.

"What more can you say when your man's stomach's hanging out? Isn't that enough for them to come straight away?"

Sternats, from the northeastern city of Cairns, underwent surgery earlier this month to remove cancerous tumors from his abdomen and the surgical wound was closed with medical staples.

Doctors ordered the staples removed Wednesday morning and the couple returned home shortly after, Orme said.

Sternats was reported to be in stable condition but Orme said she planned to sue health authorities for negligence in removing the staples too soon.

"It's the most horrific thing I've ever seen, especially with someone you love," she said. "Every time I try to sleep I see George holding his stomach in his hands."
    That sounds absolutely horrible! Did this guy get no medical advice on what he should and should not be doing? Could doctors not see or know that the wound wasn't sufficiently healed? How much fell out? Did he have to pick up his intestines? Did he get any infections?

LOL, all these questions... Like you guys know the answers .
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Re: Help! My stomach fell out!

The CONTENTS of my stomach just fell out!! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Gross, that is nasty. Too bad his stomach didnt have a on it
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Checking on his tomatoes??? And then *plop* "Oh look, my stomache . . . . . MY STOMACHE!?!?!?!"

All I can keep thinking of is that poor inspector in Red Dragon . . . .

Lets hope they did'nt accidentally put a tomatoe in there as well . . . ok, I'll stop . . . . I have a stomache ache . . . .
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

Ugh. . . reminds me of a few horror movies I've seen.

I guess with the dreary health care situation in this country, they probably used an office stapler to staple his stomach, after the surgery.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

EWwwwww....
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

So disturbing and yet i'm suddenly hungry for some lasagna.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Guyote, right now I'm picturing Sarah's dream sequence about Miguel in Day of the Dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar
    Guyote, right now I'm picturing Sarah's dream sequence about Miguel in Day of the Dead.
    Oh, that never occured me to C-dog!!! Good thinkin' dude!!! Add in that delightful score to this guy in the article and we have a very Romero-esque scene!! Maybe the doctors were Romero fans?
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

WOW, I love stuff like that...since the man's alright of course.

You think that's horrible hehe, there's some pictures on a website that's really rotten of this weightlifter who lost something of his in a much more painful way!!

I'm sure some of you here know what site I'm talking about. But that's all I can say.

GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!