Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Any hotwheel collectors here?

As I was walking into target today a couple of hothell collectors run by me and started to go all crazy about diffrent cars, and to be honest I don't understand what the heck the look for. How can they tell that theres is going to be new cars, or what kind of car are comming up? AND WHY DO THEY BUY STAR WARS TOYS IF I DON'T FIND ANY FIGURES I DON'T GO ARROUND THE AISLE AND PICK UP CARS
    Donald Rumsfeld briefed the President this morning. He told Bush that 3 Brazilian solders were killed in Iraq. all the color drained from Bush's face,visibly shaken, almost in tears. Finally, he composed himself and asked Rumsfeld, "Just exactly how many is a brazillion?

Re: Any hotwheel collectors here?

Cause they're scalper bastards, that's why.... Out here in LA, the HW guys like to buy up all the new SW figs and take 'em to their buddies at Frank-n-sons. I've actually heard them talking about it while they do it (on more than one occasion too).

Now when I see them run to the toy aisle, and fevereshly go through the Hot Wheels racks, I can't help but cringe.... they make us look bad. It's part of the reason that some store employees don't like us, they think we're all like that!

On the variations, I think the rare Hot Wheels say "treasure hunt" along the side of the package (or something like that). I don't know though since I really don't have any interest in them.

*disclaimer*
    I'm sure not all Hot Wheel collectors are bad people, I'm just going by my personal experience.

I used to collect hot wheels, but it got too competative. The collectors in my area are fairly decent people, although a few leave a lot to be desired. I mostly collected the first editions and the treasure hunts. The treasure hunts are usually one per case, but not always. Each year there are usually 12 in the set. Super hard to find in any event! Most collectors will hit the stores first thing in the morning hoping to hit the motherload, like I do to find new star wars items. What would be to your advantage is to befriend one of these collectors and make it a mutually beneficial relationship. I am doing this in my area with good success. I tell him what I am looking for and vice versa. What I found out is that most hard core collectors already know the case assortments, and even where the treasure hunt is located in the case! At a usual 0.99 cents a pop it's not a bad hobby to get into. I just can't stand those people that are collecting to make a living off of e-bay! I was once asked what star wars stuff was good and I responded that it was all good as far as I was concerned. I urged him to buy one of each figure and promptly place it on e-bay!
    "He's no good to me dead."

It's like this, you're either an Elvis fan or a Beatles fan. You can like both but can only be a fan of one.

Aside from that, I don't mess with you're little cars. So don't mess with my action figures.
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

Quote Originally Posted by Sidiously Darth
    Aside from that, I don't mess with you're little cars. So don't mess with my action figures.
    I say Hotwhells collecting should be banned
    Donald Rumsfeld briefed the President this morning. He told Bush that 3 Brazilian solders were killed in Iraq. all the color drained from Bush's face,visibly shaken, almost in tears. Finally, he composed himself and asked Rumsfeld, "Just exactly how many is a brazillion?

I have some Hot Wheels cars. I'll look through them for interesting cars. My favorite car being one with a zombie picture on it.

ZOMBIE!
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Quote Originally Posted by Sidiously Darth
    It's like this, you're either an Elvis fan or a Beatles fan. You can like both but can only be a fan of one.

Excellent analogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidously Darth
    Couldnt of said it better. Keep your cheap *** cars and dont touch my SW figures.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Hot Wheel collectors seem to be comparable to maggots in the collecting community. I rarely hear anything good said about them. Maybe its a bit of reverse snobbery, maybe its true. Ive only seen a few but they do seem a bit odd compared to the few Star Wars collectors ive run across. And if there is one thing i hate, its people who take toys from lines they dont collect. Dont make me learn all about your precious little cars, i can become a pain to you too...
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

I say next time we see these Hotwheel scumbags at a Target or where ever, we should wait outside and when they come out we beat the living hell out of them. Then slide thin strips of Bamboo under there fingernails.

That's not going over the top is it?
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowars
    I say next time we see these Hotwheel scumbags at a Target or where ever, we should wait outside and when they come out we beat the living hell out of them. Then slide thin strips of Bamboo under there fingernails.

That's not going over the top is it?
    Heh heh.... I like it!!

What do you say, meet at Burbank Target at 8:00am??
    Lets make a party out of it, I'll bring the booze if you bring the bamboo .

After we finish beating the crap out of 'em, we can take all their precious Hot Wheels, and the short packed SW figures they've bought.