Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What are people going to do with the rereleases?

Just curious what people are going to do with the OTC rereleases/repackaged figures. I know many of you loose collectors plan on leaving them on the shelves, while you carded collectors are probably pretty excited.

I'm a basic line completest and almost all of my collection is loose. I plan on picking them up but haven't decided yet whether they will be removed and displayed along with thier new sculpt counterparts or just kept packaged and displayed. I opened the previous reissues from 02 and 03 so I could ahve a complete numbered set of figures displayed togther.

Anyhow, just curious what those of you who will be buying them will do with them.

Re: What are people going to do with the rereleases?

Well, As far as the basic OTC line goes, I plan on buying 2 Spirit Obi-Wans, 2 Muddy R2-D2s, 3 Dagobah Lukes, and 3 Yodas. That way I have one of each figure in the package, and an extra to open. I'm mostly an opener though. The case with Luke and Yoda, I wanna have an opened figure of Luke in his Upside down pose as well as Yoda on his base and an extra opened of both so that Luke can put Yoda in the Backpack.

The Rereleases though. There were some figures I missed out on that are actually a part of the OTC line. Due to the poor distribution this year with the Saga line, I had to resort to buying Jabba's Palace Luke online. I added him to my Loose Collection, but I still wanted a second to go along with my Carded Lukes on my wall. With the reissue of him in the OTC I'll be able to find him to add to my carded collection (because something as big as the OTC, my Walmart will HAVE to dump the Saga 2002 crap still collecting dust and get this new stuff in due to the DVD release). Also, I never got POTJ Pilot Luke the Gopher, so I can buy two now from the OTC (one to pilot an OTC X-wing I plan on getting and one to add to my Carded Luke collection). Then there's always Army Builders. I plan on buying a few of the OTC Scout Troopers cuz I love Army Builder figures.
    See my Collection of Figures at:
    Chazz's Loose Collection
    Good Trader: InsaneJediGirl, Lowly Bantha Cleaner, Hellboy
    "If either one of these two goes Super Saiyan, I'm going home." -pinkfloyd, on the Matrix trilogy

I'm a 90% opener so I'm going to actually use the other 10% and keep these carded because I really like the packaging and think they look great! Besides, not all of them will be rehashes just a few here and there and that's ok with me.

I think these will display nicely on the wall or on a shelf or something.
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

I am planning to hopefully get multiples of each figure, one to open and one to keep carded. As time goes on, I find myself feeling the urge to open everything up. I'm scared however that I would never be able to keep track of the accessories, weapons, stands, etc. I am very excited about the look of the OTC cards, even more excited about the figures! It's a win/win as far as I am concerned.
    "He's no good to me dead."

IMFETTUP,

Just do what I do when it comes to storing non-used acessories and stands. Two Words: Ziploc Bag. I put all the stuff I dont use in a Ziploc Bag and put that in with my Loose SW Figures box.
    Chazz's Loose Collection
    "If either one of these two goes Super Saiyan, I'm going home." -pinkfloyd, on the Matrix trilogy

Yes that's a good idea, Chazz. I think I am just being a little too anal with all of this "loose" talk. Hey Chazz, what is your avatar supposed to be? I know it's off that commercial for Quiznos. Right?

Yup, he sure is the Quiznos Subs Rat. :P
    Chazz's Loose Collection

Awesome avatar, awesome commercial! Thanks!

Well as long as they are new sculpts I will buy them. If it is like the hall of fame assortment, just new packaging I will be passing on them.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

New figure = I'll get.

Repackaged figure = leave on pegs.

Or course if I get a repackaged figure as a gift I'll keep it.
    "Smeeeeee....Heeeeeee...." -- Kryten 4000