Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

General Maximillian Veers!

"Yes Lord Vader, the shield will be down in moments. You may start your landing."

"All troops debark for ground assault! Prepare to target the shield generator!"

At long last, GENERAL VEERS is coming, so says the Swarmi from gh's website.

I have waited for this figure to be made the way I hope they'll do it (removeable Hoth armor) since 1997.

Back then, when the Imperial Snowtrooper was first released (on the green holo-cards), I bought 6 extra to create a scene that took place inside the troop carrier compartment of an AT-AT vehicle.

My command scene lacked one man: General Maximillian Veers!

While I am limiting my collecting to new figures I don't have (and even purchased ZERO of the new Snowtroopers - as the '97's were the best), I am stoked to be able to give Hasbro (or Target or Wal-Mart or TRU) my $5 bucks, and add this great General to my Toy Empire!

"He felt surprise was a wiser option..."

I am as surprised and pleased a Wookiee in a forest!

Re: General Maximillian Veers!

I agree Tycho, Veers is much needed carded. DOing him upwith removeable armor would be sweet.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Not to upset anyone, but I'm betting the house he won't have removable armor. I'll bet it's just a resculpt of the AT-AT Commander figure.

I sincerely hope I am wrong.

I agree we could use one, but therer are many more figures I'd rather see done first.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

I would love Veers in his officer's outfit. The armored version from the ATAT is good enough for my needs.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

OK, first you sculpt Veers in his military uniform like Ozzel's figure, and the likes. Make his hat permanent or removeable like the Bespin Guard's. It doesn't matter.

Next, have clip on Hoth armor - chest plate and the "AT-ST Driver" style helmet (which they have for Han already), and make it so it is hollowed to fit perfectly over Veers' military hat, or if it's a removeable hat, then the helmet will go on just like Han's.

There's very little difference between the wardrobe changes. This should work. I mean a chestplate and helmet? That's 2 accessories. 3 if the hat's removeable. Bespin Guard came with more: baton, gun, hat, vest, handcuffs.

Veers might also include a hand blaster, but he doesn't need one. For the kids I suppose...

Considering how Veers is one of the least exciting of Imperials (seeing this through the eyes of a little kid) and Hasbro just recently released Admiral Ozzel who looks very much like Veers (except for the moustache). Then I think removable armor and helmet would be a great way for Hasbro to add perceived "value" to the figure and make him an easier sell.

Isn't there also an AT-AT Driver on the horizon? Since Hasbro now has the perfect TIE Pilot helmet made, it would be a piece of cake for them to retool it into a newer, more accurate AT-AT Driver helmet.

Iwould love a carded AT-At driver. He was always one of my favorite looking vintage characters. Him and Veers would make a great two-pack.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

The POTF2 AT-AT Driver has always been one of my favorites... I think it would be difficult to improve upon, unless they gave it added articulation. The sculpt and paint apps on both the carded and pack-in versions is superb, even by today's standards.

I would heartily welcome a Veers figure. The POTF2 AT-AT Commander's face sculpt is embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid View Post
    Not to upset anyone, but I'm betting the house he won't have removable armor. I'll bet it's just a resculpt of the AT-AT Commander figure.

I sincerely hope I am wrong.
    And it turns out you were. He's got removable armor and all!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman View Post
    Iwould love a carded AT-At driver. He was always one of my favorite looking vintage characters. Him and Veers would make a great two-pack.
    You got your wish as well, KH.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!