Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I Don't Even Know What To Say About This One...

I bought a case of figures that included Dengar, Admiral Ozzel and Bossk (along with other new figures).

That package just arrived not a half hour ago, and I opened the case and checked all the figures. What I found in one of the Ozzels is/was a little weird: on the blaster, right underneath the tape, is a piece of human skin. It's tiny, but you can tell it's skin.

I know it's probably not that big of a deal to some, but I'm sort of at a loss for words. I never suspected that I'd ever find body parts packed with my figures. Is this some kind of new variation?

End...
    They call them fingers, and yet they don't fing. Noodle that one for a while.
    "Logic dictates we haul @$$." - Mego Spock from Twisted Toyfare Theater; Issue #59

Re: I Don't Even Know What To Say About This One...

Better be careful. That thing's from Hong Kong.

it like mushu it come from china and it have big dumpah. i bust cap in a**
    Someday i will be the most powrful jedi ever!!! (lifts leg frrrrrrraaaaaaaapppppppp)
    padme" eww anakin"
    Ah the smell of power,or was it that damned blue milk?"

I only thought they used real hair and fur, now skin too? Pretty soon they willstart cloning the actors and put them in the blister.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

send it in for DNA typing, then you can return the skin to its owner.

GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

sick (I was only gonna write "sick" but it won't let me type under 10 characters)
    Hating aurra sing since 1999.

I just hope you did not get charge extra for the figure showing some skin
    Donald Rumsfeld briefed the President this morning. He told Bush that 3 Brazilian solders were killed in Iraq. all the color drained from Bush's face,visibly shaken, almost in tears. Finally, he composed himself and asked Rumsfeld, "Just exactly how many is a brazillion?

Let's curtail the inappropriate comments please. There's enough gross in this thread without "going there".

---

Just out of curiousity, how can you tell it's human skin? How thick is it, is it an 1/8th-inch bloody chunk, or just a few nanometers-thick layer of translucent shedding?

I've gotten figures with hairs in the bubbles before, but this is by far more unpleasant.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Maybe you should call Hasbro and express your outrage (if you don't have any outrage, then try disgust), they will probably be so worried about getting sued that they will send you another case for free.

The only way to find out if it is truly human skin is to have it DNA tested I would guess. But then you would have to open up the packaging and actually risk touching it. Maybe the Dept. of Homeland Security would be interested in checking it out for you.

I could just see the little Fox News ticker tape now: "New Terror Threat: Biologically Contaminated Star Wars Figures Force President Bush to Elevate Threat Level to Red!"
    Last edited by bigbarada; 05-09-2004 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Just out of curiousity, how can you tell it's human skin? How thick is it, is it an 1/8th-inch bloody chunk, or just a few nanometers-thick layer of translucent shedding?
    It's more the latter, really. I don't want people thinking I have a tip of a thumb hanging in the blister, or anything. It's tiny. But you can see the ridges in it, and the edge of one side is "tattered," like it was ripped from someplace. The best I can describe it is like dried skin around the edge of a fingernail or something. I'm only figuring that it's human. But regardless of where it came from, there's no mistaking that for skin.

And the thing is, if this had been anywhere else in the package, I probably wouldn't have noticed it. But because it was right on top of a black accessory, it just stood out.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada
    Maybe you should call Hasbro and express your outrage (if you don't have any outrage, then try disgust).
    I did email right after I found it. I probably won't hear from them until Monday, though, because I sent it late on Friday. I'm very interested in hearing what they have to say.

End...
    They call them fingers, and yet they don't fing. Noodle that one for a while.
    "Logic dictates we haul @$$." - Mego Spock from Twisted Toyfare Theater; Issue #59