Don't know if you guys have seen these yet...

at the hasbro site they have tons of pics of the OTC figures

http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/pa...dn/default.cfm

it also says about the vintage figures they will be releasing:

For those that want to keep the product in the package, the figures will come with a Star Wars embossed outer clamshell.
    Last edited by Bobajames; 05-09-2004 at 04:51 PM.
    [FONT=comic sans ms]ok make me stop talking, it's not interesting anymore[/FONT]

Re: Don't know if you guys have seen these yet...

I'm hoping that package design isn't the one for the 12-only OTC Vintage figures.

In another thread it showed the clamshell and the character was offset to the left side just like the originals. I like the offset design alot better since it definetely gives the feel of the originals. The big-center-bubble thing doesn't work for me. Just seems like any other figure.

That carded Han Solo on the Hasbro site is for the regular OTC line. These are mostly recarded figures of the core characters. That Han is the commtech Han.

The Han pictured down below with Luke and Obi-Wan (looking like he's wearing a brown feather boa) is the Han from the Vintage OTC line. These figures have more articulation and are on cards which from the sample I've seen duplicate the cards from teh 70s and 80s down to the coffin bubbles on the left hand side of the card. It's these figures that also have the clamshell around them.

Quote Originally Posted by CooLJoE
    I'm hoping that package design isn't the one for the 12-only OTC Vintage figures.

In another thread it showed the clamshell and the character was offset to the left side just like the originals. I like the offset design alot better since it definetely gives the feel of the originals. The big-center-bubble thing doesn't work for me. Just seems like any other figure.

For the 12 Vintage OTC's that will be released, they will have the orginal card backs from the 70's and as you mentioned, will be offset to the left (if you are looking at it face on). The regular OTC line, including dagobah luke, bespin leia, etc will have the card backs like the ones shown on the Hasbro site.

I know it seems quite confusing, but read all the stuff Hasbro had written in the OTC section; it's explained pretty well.

GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

No, the 12 vintage OTC clamshell packaging will be for the first COT release of the 2nd offset variation of the first 12 scheduled for the original release, then the vintage TOC variation is expected once the second 12 OCT are released offset on vintage clamshell.