Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

More rehashes for fall 04

Found some news about more rehashes this year. You guys know the drill by now.

Bossk
    IG-88
    Tusken
    Snowtrooper
    Jawas

Not some bad choices. Just Bossk really.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Re: More rehashes for fall 04

Well, they're not really rehashes. They're just recards.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

We just got Ig 88 in the bounty hunter pack w/ bossk at Toys r us. Tusken have always sold slow. Last year when you couldn't find any new Saga figures. The ones that I found with any regularity were Padme and Tusken. The jawas won't be too bad. Especially if we got a Sandcrawler to put them in around the same time (HINT HINT!). Any trooper will always sell well.

I'm excited to see repackaged figures this summer and fall! These assortments will add a great variety of characters to the pegs and I also think that the figures will look amazing on the new cardbacks! I'm an opener and won't be buying any of them (well, maybe a few of my favorites to leave carded) and that will give me a few months to save up money for a vacation, EPIII figure onslaught, etc. Remember these repacks will appeal to collectors new to the hobby or those that may have missed them the first time around and since 2004 has been a year of waves that come and go quickly there are alot of figures that have yet to see any serious shelf time.

I'd like to see a new Zuckuss and 4-LOM as I don't have either of those from the modern line.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

What a bunch of recards!

LOL

Are you recarded?

LOL

Don't be a recard!

LOL

They sure do have a lot of recards over there at Hasbro!

LOL

Hasbro is filled with recards!

May the force be with you.

The only one I really want is IG-88 as I dont have any modern form of him. I dont mind the rest for "army building" purposes. I dont open them, but one day I might, so it is good to have them around.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.

Er, Bossk and IG-88 are weird choices for a line that's supposedly for people who want the main characters. Anyway, I might get a few IG-88s paint them black, and add a few modifications for some of Durge's IG droids. And more Tusken Raiders, Jawas, and snowtroopers are always welcome. Hopefully the Tusken Raider will be the 2003 version but without the head-losing feature, and the snowtrooper will be the 2003 version without the big gun (we already have enough of those).
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I guess the recards are good for those who missed these the first time around.

The problem I have being a carded collector as well as an opener is do I buy these? I'm not one of those collectors who has to have every carded version of a figure, quite the opposite actually. I like to have only one of each character carded. If they end up getting put on multiple cards I usually go with the card design I like the most and the OTC cards are far and away the best design so far IMO. So I'm debating on whether I should get rid of my carded Saga figures that are going to be duplicated in the OTC line.

Is anyone else considering doing this or something like it?
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Well, I wont buy anyhting that I already have Hellboy. There might be a few, like the army builders(stormies, biker scouts, etc.) that I will buy on any card. But the Jedi Luke, will stay on the shelf, like the CT Han.