Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Survivor: All-Stars - you choose who wins $1 million

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboy
    I think he said something along the lines of Tom's son was just as dumb and unintelligible as Tom.
    At least Rob was telling the truth for once.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

It was the episode where they had their relatives eat different things for reward.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Was it Jerri who got booed offstage at the reunion show? I always get her confused with one of the Jennas. Anyways, I wonder if she'll be back on Thursday night.

Yeah, Jerri. I thought she would've had a thicker skin. That seemed like a pretty strong reaction from someone who played the game fairly well the first time around.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

I voted for Rupert. Along with Tom he played the best in two different Survivors. Tom just seems like he'd blow it on Jim Bean and pork rinds.

What bugged me about this season is that everyone acted like they were so freaking afraid of Bahston Rob and Amber that they couldn't get together to boot one of them off. It was pretty much a done deal that one of them one win by the time the merge came around. Ho hum.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Well, good on ol' Rupert for hauling in the million. I'm sure he's not too concerned about winning the "popularity contest", as he was a bit downtrodden in high school (according to him the first go round).

It is too bad the masses didn't break up the Rob and Amber duo when they had the chance (after chance, after chance, after chance!!!!) - I have to agree with the "What the heck are they thinking????" assessment of that failure.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

I heard Rupert got 85% of the vote. Did anyone else see or hear this?
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

I didn't watch that episode, and have been looking online at CBS for the rundown (which I haven't seen yet - is it up?). I wouldn't be surprised, his portrayal was very likeable. Seems like most people I've spoken to voted for Rupert so 85% doesn't seem impossible.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Mandalorian Candidat
    Tom just seems like he'd blow it on Jim Bean and pork rinds.

I think what ticked me off most this season was Jenna voting for Rupert when they were down to the final four. What in the world was she thinking? Did she, for any minute, actually believe that Rob or Amber would turn on each other and take her to the final two? Basically, by voting Rupert off, she voted herself off. The ultimate bone-headed play, IMO.

Anyways, I'm glad that Rupert finally got the $1 million, he deserves it more than any other player as far as I'm concerned.

I'm glad Rupert got the million too, and I did vote for him, but IMO he didn't play the best game. Whether you like his tactics or not Rob was hands down the contestant who played the game the hardest. I based my vote on who I felt was the coolest person and who I thought could use the $ the most. If Rupert wasn't on the show and Rob hadn't won the $ indirectly by proposing to Amber my vote would've gone to Boston Rob.

The one thing I can't stand on these shows are the people who get voted off who feel they should've won because they didn't compromise their morals. I know when I'm playing a game with friends or anybody for that matter I play to the best of my ability and I play to win, otherwise whats the point. Bottom line is its a game and the person who isn't willing to do anything is more than likely going to lose. In Survivor, with a million $ on the line I respect the person who outwits, outplays and outlasts the most.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”