Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Memories of your old Star Wars toys?

I remember my mom would order most of my stuff out of the Sears catalogue and I would eagerly await the arrival of my ships and playsets from the UPS man. Because of her doing this I was able to get all the star wars playsets and vehicles that were exclusively for sears, like the talking troop transport, bespin playset and the creature cantina.

My mom also made a deal with me that if I read 10 books, she'd buy me a star wars figure or two which was a win-win situation...I got to read all kinds of cool books, like the "choose your own adventure" series and I got star wars figures for it too hehe.

I also remember the first figures I got were a stormtrooper and threepio from K-mart, I even remember going to get them and picking them out. And then I got darth vader and the x-wing before I had luke and so I used to put Vader in the x-wing and pretend he had stolen it from the rebels.

The Death Star was by far my fav playset and I remember for the longest time I couldn't find my han solo figure who was my absolute favorite and I got really mad and threw a stormtrooper against the wall (I think I had a lil' temper back then or something ) and then one day I got the deathstar down, put it together to play and found han solo stuck in the elevator...I was so thrilled, I thought I'd lost him forever and when you're a kid, you don't realize there's an abundance of these things. As far as I was concerned, that was the only han solo in the world.

I also used to make han and leia kiss alot, even before ESB came out

Man, I could go on forever, but I'll stop and let everyone else speak up!

Let's hear some stories of old!!

GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Re: Memories of your old Star Wars toys?

I used to pretend that the Emperor had captured Chewbacca and set him loose on a planet (that was the entire inside of my house). He then sent the six Empire bounty hunters and Greedo after Chewie. Whoever got him got a reward. The Emperor watched the whole thing on video screens. Of course, the bounty hunters would fight each other, Chewie would kill a bunch of them. Sometimes Chewie would go after the Emperor or someone would show up to save Chewie. Kind of like the Running Man, wasn't it?

Oh man, great thread Deoxy.

I have many memories. Getting a good report card and then going to Sukon's(local toy store in NYC) to pick out a Star Wars figure. I remember bringing them to second grade show and terll also. All the kids were like "OOOOH" "AAAAAHHH"!

The hardest figure(even back then we had chase figures) was 2-1B to find. It took me and my brother a few months to find him. I remember Iwas with my dad and we stopped in Sukon's on a saturday morning, on the way to somewhere else. I got 2-1B, Darth Vaders collectors case and the Wampa. The guy gave my Dad 2-1B for free because he bought all the other stuff too. Sweet deal.

I will post more memories in a bit. Like I said there are many.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I have just a few big ones. Let's see.....I remember getting the talking troop transport for my birthday and playing with it on my Mom's bed...I must have been about 4 or 5 (born in '74). I do remember seeing my sister wrapping an FX7 and telling me it was for her friend sister. I also remember going down to Woolworth's and getting a Yoda...one of my sisters friends had picked one out earlier and brought it to our house. I looked at it and went down there to get one. I remember that it was in a glass case, along with the other figures, and they had to open it up to get them. I also remember, bad memory, my step-mother asking to "borrow" my yoda so she could have something small to concentrate on will she was delivering my little half sister. Of course, she then tried to keep it....

Finally, I remember going to the Galleria in Houston, TX and they got up on the top shelf to open a new box of figures..I ended up getting a Royal Guard, Squid Head, Ree Yees, Bib Fortuna, and the Ewoks.

Also, Snowtrooper from the back wall of Venture.

I use to make mountains out of blankets for battles, also, making footprint bases after the battle of hoth.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel18725
    I also remember going down to Woolworth's and getting a Yoda...one of my sisters friends had picked one out earlier and brought it to our house. I looked at it and went down there to get one. I remember that it was in a glass case, along with the other figures, and they had to open it up to get them.

I remember Woolworths having them locked up. I hated it because I could never see what was behind the first two. Good for them going out of business. They deserved it for that.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.

The first thing I remember getting that was Star Wars was the novel. That was Christmas of 1976. Sometime after that, I have this recollection of walking into Kmart (Toledo, Ohio) on Reynolds Road and seeing a display of figures right inside the door. I begged Mom to get me one. I remember her pointing to R2 and saying "Oh this one is cute" and there's where it all began.

I don't remember at all how or when I got the rest of my figures, but they're there.

I did get the Falcon (and still have it in the original box) but not many other ships and playsets. I remember wanting the AT AT REALLY bad but it was so big and expensive, it just wasn't going to happen. So one of my favorite things to do was to reenact the movie shot by shot using the trading cards as my storyboards. The Hoth battle was accomplished by using the clothes baskets and turning them upside down and using them as AT AT's.

Hmm, but before all that, I just remembered, it seems that before I even knew there were ships available, I made my own out of cardboard. I made an X-Wing, a TIE Fighter, and a Falcon. I remember the Falcon having the cockpit thing on both sides because I thought that they were the gun turrets or something.

Ah, to be young again...

I remember going down to Kresge's with my allowance and buying my SW fig's there. Picking out for myself Slave 1, and a couple of the mini rigs. At Sears I remember seeing the Micro sets and thinking they were so cool, but I didn't have the money to get them; I focused on the toys that were all the same scale. At home, I commandeered a corner of the living room and a couple of end tables. The tables acted as landing pads for the Falcon and such. I pretty much played SW on my own, and didn't trash my toys. My sister is the one that ended up breaking the ramp on the Falcon by knocking it over.

Lastly, I remember being in middle school and no one else playing with SW so I decided to put them in the attic.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

I too wanted the AT-AT but my parents couldnt justify spending that much money on it. Bummer.

Me and my brother would play in our room. We used the underneath of the dresser and under the bed as bases. We had plenty of ships, Falcon,TIe FIghter and a few others. We would also use shoes as ships. The laces would be riopes for the rescued personnel to climb aboard.

I had one Micro Machine set and it was the Ion Cannon. That went in front of the dresser as the entrance tothe rebel base, along with the Imperial Attack Base and Hoth Playset.

I had alot more playsets than vehicles for some reason. Had Tatooine, Hoth, Imperial Attack Base, Creature Cantina, and Jabbas Playset. My friend would come over with his Death Star,Dagobah, and Ewok Village so we had plenty of scenes to recreate.

How I miss the good old days of being a kid. Get home from school and play SW until it was bedtime.

The memories my mom always wanted me to get Barbies since Star Wars was for boy but i didn't care after a while and a lot of begging my mom got me Yoda from ESB and from that day foward I would get a figure every two weeks I had the whole LILILEDY (south of the border) the out of the blue she decided to give all my figures to oune of my cousins even to this day I still remind my mom of that bad choice.
    Donald Rumsfeld briefed the President this morning. He told Bush that 3 Brazilian solders were killed in Iraq. all the color drained from Bush's face,visibly shaken, almost in tears. Finally, he composed himself and asked Rumsfeld, "Just exactly how many is a brazillion?

Did ya ever get them back? What did he/she do with them Mina?