Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Troy

Thumbs up Troy

Great story! Looks to be a great flick.
    I noticed that no one had started a thread yet, and since I'll be seeing it tonight I thought I'd go on ahead and do just that.
    With such a great cast - Brad Pitt, Eric Bana, Orlando Bloom, Rose Byrne, Bryan Cox, Peter O'Toole, Brendan Gleeson, Sean Bean - could they really go wrong?

Re: Troy

I heard it is really bad.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

To Me Mr. Pitt doesnt look like he can pull this off. But we shall see.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I am a huge fan of the story and I am looking forward to the movie.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

I have a bad feeling about this one.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

I never was really thrilled with Pitt but that changed after I saw Ocean's Eleven. I think this story can make for a great picture so I'm hoping they can pull it off. Are there any early reviews of this movie out yet?
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

I plan on seeing it tonight as well. This should be a better moive for Bana than the Hulk was. I also was not a big fan of Pitt until Oceans 11 and Fight Club, so now I will go with different expectations. After the disaster that was Van Helsing, I'm looking forward to this "Big" movie.

=MATT=
    * General Disclaimer- I can't spell or type- Deal with it.

I read somewhere that they changed part of the history for the film, so if anybody figures out what was changed please relay it for i'm very curious.

I dunno about this one though. I might catch it this weekend, but we'll see.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Wolfgang's been disappointing with his past few films.

I dont' see this taking over my favorite Wolfgang film, Das Boot, but it looks to be good.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

I have heard that they tried to pack too much of the war backstory into this film, trying to tell an entire decade's tale in under 4 hours (even the Iliad didn't try to tell the whole story), while also making it character-driven so you end up with no really singular area or person to hang the film on for very long before it changes gears and pushes characters out of the picture for long periods of time. I personally don't feel any compulsion to see this film at all, and that's exacerbated by the fact that I'm distrustful of Warner Brothers more than ever lately.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.