AT-ST Han....Why?

I was never really excited about getting an AT-ST Han. My thinking was why make this fig? Why not make another. But of course I bought this fig because it has never been made before. But this fig has many bad things going against it. First off is the sloppy paint application. The figure has paint problems by the boots and the face. As for the face sculpt it looks like Han, and the helmet is the best AT-ST helmet to date, but in the end the only reason to buy this figure was the Helmet and the head, and that really is not enough to constitute this weak figure.
    After 11 months The BEST/WORST figure poll is still going strong.

Re: AT-ST Han....Why?

While not as good, or necessary for that matter, as the other 2 figures that came in this wave (Generals' Madine and Lando) I think this figure is decent.

My only real problem with it is the commlink that is molded to his left hand. I mean why even put it there? You can hardly see the thing since it's painted black just like the gloves and it prevents the figure from being able to hold the blaster in both hands. I agree with Jaff about the challenge of finding one of these with a decent paint application. Most of the Han's I saw had the white eye paint applied below or above his actual eyes. I did however find one that was perfect but there were more bad than good from what I saw.

The removable helmet is the best part of this figure but I still can't understand why we can't get a standard version of the AT-ST driver with this addition.

Grade: B-
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

I think this is a question that we will be asking for quite a while. I thought that the whole idea was ridiculous, and now that I have received the figure I'm still not too impressed. The assumption that Han actually stripped down, and put the whole uniform on is absolutely silly. You only see from the neck up in the movie, and the novel mentions nothing of the sort. This would have been a great idea for a generic AT-ST driver figure with removable helmet, but once again. . . Hasbro dropped the ball. With all the excellent new figures that they have been releasing, it is hard to believe how they came up with this figure idea. You really could just take that Endor Raid Han, put some gloves on, slap a comlink in his hand, and put the AT-ST hat on, and its the same (possibly a more movie accurate) figure. It is silly ideas like this that irritate me about Hasbro. I can't wait for the "new" Tatooine Luke Skywalker that comes packaged with a glass of blue milk. . . they'll call it "Homestead Breakfast Luke Skywalker." Sheeeesh!
    Star Wars : The Arcade Game (Atari 2600) World Champion

I want to get a couple of this figure to make custom Imp or Rebel techies. The wrist comlink can be filed down and the glove repainted or replaced.