Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coruscant Wave

Coruscant Wave

Looking around some other sites I found this piece of news a few might find of interest.

Once strongly rumored for the middle of 2004, the Coruscant Wave of Sly Moore, Wookiee Senator Yarua and Jedi Pablo Jill was put in limbo due to the Original Trilogy Collection. We have received word from a fairly reliable source that these 3 figures are still in the works for later this year.

thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Re: Coruscant Wave

That's good news, KH. I've been looking forward to those figures, and had kind of wondered if they'd been scrapped or just pushed back. All 3 are very good candidates for prequel figs and will be warmly welcomed into my collection.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Yeah finally something that isn't recarded.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

Let's hope so. I was thrilled about those three figures. And then to have them suddenly yanked off the list, due to the DVD's. Hopefully after the E3 deal next year, we'll get back to more E1 and E2 figures that still need to be made soon.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Over gat RS they agre saying these are EP3 preview figs. Said there will be a few waves of Preview figures also
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.

I really want these to be made, they are all good choices. Why would they be Episode III preview figures? We've already seen them in TPM and AOTC. If they are released this fall, will they be on OTC cards (sans the OTC nametag and stuff)?
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Oh I'm sure we will have an all new card theme so Hasbro can rerelease more figures.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL
    I really want these to be made, they are all good choices. Why would they be Episode III preview figures? We've already seen them in TPM and AOTC. If they are released this fall, will they be on OTC cards (sans the OTC nametag and stuff)?

The only reason I can think of, is that these figures were made already when Hasbro decided to do the OTC line. So, being that they were made, they decided to give them life in the EP3 preview line. These characters could all be in EP3 for all we know(I am spoiler free so dont spill it please.) Hopefully they do a few waves of Preview figures.

This is great news, I hope it holds true. I never understood why Sly Moore wasn't done in the Saga line, the character is just to cool looking to not get produced. Who knows though maybe her screen time is more noticeable in EPIII making her a better candidate for that line.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now dont take this the wrong way but I think youve been holding out on us.

Joker: I dont keep count. Im going to kill everyone in this room.

Maybe Hasbro's several waves of preview figures will do for the PT what the OT collection is. Maybe we'll get a wave of characters from TPM, a wave from AOTC and then a wave from Ep. III.

I just hope the wave for Ep. 3 is made up primarily of background characters, or characters that can stand variant sculpts.

I actually liked the Zam Wessel figure (even though she's still plenty available in both versions) and understand why they included Jango Fett, but with the endless Jango Fetts we ended up with, I'd rather have seen a different preview figure, like an Amidala costume or something.

The preview figures are pretty much a sure thing for Hasbro, since we don't know how much screen time a character is going to get, or what their importance is to the movie, so give us some interesting looking background characters that we'll end up wanting later anyway.