Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ewok Glider

Ewok Glider

Well I finally found the Ewok Glider this afternoon. It is ga nice little Ultrga set.

Pagckgage: Pgackgage is nicley done. Same as the rest. Bubble is thin compared to the rest of them. Kind of like Rieekann's is. Nothing that stands out.

Accessories: Comes with Ewok(dont know which one.), Glider. 2 stones with rope around them, and a spear.(sorry boys, its not Britney. )

Paint Job: The Ewok in my package is kind of sloppy. His right hand has fur on it, but painted in the flesh color, when it clearly should be fur colored. The Glider looks to be done up pretty nicely though.

Articulation: Bagsic articulation on the Ewok. Legs(at hips), arms at shoulders. I cgan not tell if the head moves(I dont think it does) because of his hood. The hood does look removeable though.

I think this is a really nice piece to add to the collection. It is a step up from the vintage version. I would give this overall a B .

My only probelm is Hasbro is giving us gregat accessories and Ultras. This one would clearly look good with gan Ewok Village or an Endor Bunker set, for Dioramas. I know I seem on a Playset kick as of late, but I loved them as a child and wouldn't mind getting them again. How 'bout it Hasbro? Give us some playsets for these great sets you're giving us. Its like bread with no water and we are thirsty.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Re: Ewok Glider

This set is very nice. I guess there's two kinds of gliders, this being the other than the one from 1998.

The Ewok itself has no name, but he's somewhere in the Action Figure Archive, so he really does exist somewhere in the film. His head moves on a ball, but is somewhat hindered by the nonremovable hood. He has shoulder and leg articulation too, plus right wrist. It really would have benefitted by both wrists being articulated.

He fits into the glider fairly nicely, sometimes it looks odd though. There is a bar which he is supposed to hold onto with his right hand, while his left holds the spear or the side of the bar. It doesn't really work that well. The rocks hang on pegs under the bar, and come off when needed. They are two separate pieces. The spear is a bit shorter than Wicket's or Teebo's, but it gets the job done. It has a nice rock on the end and some hangy thingy near it.

Tycho will really love the glider, it stinks to high heaven when it is opened.

Overall, it's nice, but it could have been better. I also give it a B.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I loved the glider and the figure, but what has really intrigued me about this figure is who the Ewok is.

I checked out the Action figure archive book and the picture of the Warok vintage Ewok is the same Ewok that is pictured on the Ultra card. This ewok is Warok. It is very similar to the Warok picture. Tell me what you guys think.
    After 11 months The BEST/WORST figure poll is still going strong.

I'm kind of disappointed in it. Compared to the cloth one that I liberated from that planet-ball thing a few years ago, this one looks a little weird. I would have preferred they release a carded version of that earlier glider.

Yes it is Warok. If you go to Red6 gand search Ewoks, Warok is shown flying the glider in his Biography.

Warok- Master of the arial attack- Waged a one-Ewok assault on a number of AT-STs from his glider
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.

I haven't found this piece yet, but I do want it for a new Ewok - and if sniffing the glider is as good as you say it is...

Well of course that certainly intrigues me. I could park at Wal-Mart and spend the whole day inhaling it!

Anyway, does anyone want to do some photoshop and post packaging picture comparisons, and especially movie-photo-figure-vintage figure comparisons.

I could, but feel lazy at the moment, having a lot of other work to do.

Nevertheless, I'd feel great being convinced that this figure does indeed replace Warok in the vintage line!

I hope so. He'll smell even sweeter!

Best I could do for ya Tycho.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Warok.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	11.3 KB 
ID:	8231   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ewok glider loose.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	8232   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	warok2.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	13.7 KB 
ID:	8233  
    Last edited by Kidhuman; 05-17-2004 at 10:16 PM.

Thanks for trying Kidhuman. I've gotten home from the gym and done all my chores and stuff I was trying to get done, so I had the time to make the picture I wanted. Thanks to Rebelscum for supplying some of the images I used.

First, notice that the fur is all different on each of the Ewoks shown, plus the hoods are different colors.

The vintage Warok figure gets it right to the best degree with the hood coloration. The fur needed to be have added a little more brown to the vintage figure. The new figure has the wrong hood color and the wrong fur color (very dark).

Now I like the new figure, but do not accept it as Warok unless somebody can prove otherwise.

I found the picture with Lumat in the shot for comparison to be good for the arguments sake that the new Ewok is this character instead. It is not Lumat either, I checked the vintage card too. Lumat's hood was also a reddish hue.

The vintage Ewoks were:

Chirpa
    Logray
    Wicket
    Teebo
    Paploo
    Lumat
    Warok
    Romba

Only Lumat and Warok come close to looking like the Ewok Hasbro has sculpted for the Ultra edition with glider - but it is likely not at all intended to be anything but a brand new NEVER MADE BEFORE Ewok.

We have yet to get our first modern figures of Romba, Warok, Lumat, and Chief Chirpa. Paploo should be redone for a carded job.

Anyway, here are the images that justify what I'm saying...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Where's Warok.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	8236  

Simply put, Red6 is wrong about that Ewok being Warok. This is the same kind of shoddy EU "research" that shuffled up the Klaatu, Nikto, Barada names.

The Ewok with the glider is the first all-new Ewok in twenty years!
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I really like this piece. The Ewoks have been sorely neglected as far as I'm concerned. This makes up for that a little but we still need more.

The glider is really cool but the stones have a little trouble staying attached. The Ewok figure is top notch but like Teebo he doesn't have peg holes in his feet. I understand he's supposed to be attached to the glider but holes would've been nice so you could place him on a stand if you choose to simply stand him.

I'd give this set an A-
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”