Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Most valuable comic in your collection?

I was looking through a price guide the other day, probably for the first time in about 2 years, and was shocked at how high some of the prices have raised on certain books. Especially some of the titles that have been made into movies like X-Men and Spiderman.

My most valuable comic book is Uncanny X-Men #94 and I was really surprised to see the $ amount of this book had raised considerably since I last checked. Even though I'll never sell this book its cool to know it's $ value and smile at my good fortune considering I paid $15 for it as a kid and its now worth about $1200.

So I thought it would be fun to find out what the most valuable comic book is in your collections and if you remember how much you paid for it compared to it's worth today?
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Re: Most valuable comic in your collection?

I recently sold of 90% of my comics. The ones I have left are Robotech, Secret Wars and Spawn. I guess it would be Spawn #1.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Well, it has been a while since I have checked as well, so I could be wrong.

Worth the most:
    probably Silver Surfer (1st series) #4

Star Wars comic worth the most:
    Star Wars #107

Others:
    Captain America #100
    Iron Man #1
    Tales of Suspense #63
    Incredible Hulk #340
    Amazing Spiderman #102, #135, #238
    Spectacular Spiderman #1
    X-Men #108, 109
    Thor #134
    Adolescent Radioactive Black Belt Hamsters #1

You'll notice a pattern, as I was always more of a Marvel fan. I also have some others in the medium range, as well as the obligatory dud category (I started during the mid-80s small press craze where if you had a printing press, you could indirectly be responsible for the needless deaths of millions of trees ).
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

X-Men #94- whatever would be high up there. I stopped buying the X-Men titles when they were all dead, but not really dead, they just couldn't show up on cameras, and they lived in Australia. If I couldn't make sense of a series I'd been reading since the beginning, I felt it was time to let it go, and I did.

I also have the issues of the Hulk that are the first appearances of Wolverine.

The Hulks I paid 25 cents for. Most of the X-Men I also paid cover price, though a few that I missed I paid as much as $6.00 for. I only missed them because I bought them back in the days that they may or may not have shown up at a newsstand or drugstore. There were no comic book stores then.

I haven't seen a recent guide but I know they're up there.

On the other end of the spectrum, I have a complete set of U.S. 1, that I doubt I could get a buck for.

I haven't checked prices lately, but a few that I know of that may be worth something (some issue #s may be wrong):
    Marvel Star Wars #3
    Uncanny X-Men #244 - 1st appearance of Jubilee
    New Mutants Annual #2 - 1st appearance of Psylocke (as the blonde Betsy Braddock)
    Uncanny X-Men #201 - 1st appearance of Cable (as a baby)

Anyone have a Wizard and can tell me how much they're worth?
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Here you go Rocketboy

Marvel Star Wars #3 -----$20.00
    Uncanny X-Men #244 ----$17.00
    New Mutants Annual #2 -$9.00
    Uncanny X-Men #201 ----$18.00
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Wow, last I checked (which was a few years ago) they were quite a bit higher.
    I guess the market in comics has dropped a lot.
    Doesn't matter, I don't plan on selling them anytime soon anyway.

Remember when Superman #75 was in the $50-100 range?

Thanks Hellboy.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy
    Wow, last I checked (which was a few years ago) they were quite a bit higher.
    I guess the market in comics has dropped a lot.
    Doesn't matter, I don't plan on selling them anytime soon anyway.

Remember when Superman #75 was in the $50-100 range?
    I remember several books, of which some I own, that were "hot" back when. Here are some of mine:

Most Punisher books (appearances in Amazing Spiderman, Daredevil)
    TMNT (Mirage B & W)
    Batman Years 1, 2, & 3
    Longshot appearances
    Green Arrow: Longbow Hunters
    "New" Captain America (#332+)
    Cloak and Dagger appearances

Etc. etc.

Sigh.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Yeah I know what you guys are saying about what certain comics used to go for. Anybody remember Valiant? everything they produced for a while was red hot, now you could pick most of that stuff up in a bargain bin.

I remember when G.I. JOE was the "hot" book back when I was a wee lad. The second issue was the toughest book in the series to find and was going for twice what the first issue was. Now it's not worth much but I sure remember feeling pretty good about having it back then.

BTW, one of the few comics I bought and actually sold for a profit was Iron Man #1. Bought it mint for $60 and sold it for $320 about 3 years later. Today it goes for about $560. I needed the $ at the time but to this day I regret having to sell that one. I was reminded of that after reading your post Bel-Cam.

I just sold Amazing Spider-Man 30 for $100 on eBay. I think that I paid around $25 for it about 15 years ago.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars