Thread: Jabba and Lando

Jabba and Lando

Okay. Lando shows up at Jabbas palace in disguise. ALbeit a crummy one, because you can basically see right through the helmet at Lando's face. Lando, being a former smuggler, in the presence of all those gangsters and scum, was not recognized? How is that possible? Boba Fett just had a run in with Lando on Bespin and they were in the same palce together. Lando had toremove the Helmet while sleeping, so why did no one recognize him at all? Atleast Leia's face was covered completely. Hard to believe.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Re: Jabba and Lando

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    Okay. Lando shows up at Jabbas palace in disguise. ALbeit a crummy one, because you can basically see right through the helmet at Lando's face. Lando, being a former smuggler, in the presence of all those gangsters and scum, was not recognized? How is that possible? Boba Fett just had a run in with Lando on Bespin and they were in the same palce together. Lando had toremove the Helmet while sleeping, so why did no one recognize him at all? Atleast Leia's face was covered completely. Hard to believe.
    Hey, if Clark Kent can get away with it, why not Lando?

Perhaps Lando was careful to avoid running across Boba Fett while in Jabbas Palace. Boba never removed his helmet, whos to say Lando couldnt sleep with his on or had his own private quarters (highly doubtful, the Hutt was weary of assassination plots) he could retire to?
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Maybe Boba knew it was him, but assumed Lando was still betraying Han...

...ok crappy idea .

I don't think it was that obvious the it was Lando. Boba probably would have only noticed if was talkin to him, but maybe they have never properly met.

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

But its not only Fett. Lando was a smuggler agnd probably knew most of the scum in there and possibly Jabba himself. There is no way he could of gotten away with it.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I think it's too much to assume that Lando probably knew everyone in there. When Han had the Jabba death mark on his head, he was estranged from Lando. For all we know, Han started working for Jabba long after his parting of ways with Lando.

Calrissian could have been doing his deeds far across the galaxy when Han worked for Jabba. Of course, the smugglers made their way across the galaxy as well but the dozens we see in Jabba's palace are just a small percentage of the smugglers in the galaxy.

As far as I'm concerned, LAndo only had to worry about hiding from Boba Fett.
    And as we've seen in the SE, Boba is busy enough watching the dancing girls.

Maybe Boba's known as one of those guys who thinks "all those black guys look the same to me."

You know what they say, the best place to hide is in plain sight.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!