Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Episode III Title announced??!!??

I dont Know how true this is so its pure speculation. My local radio station announced today that "The new Star Wars film has a title!" They then said "Its called Birth of the Empire"!

Sounds good to me. Like i said pure speculation, where they got their information from i dont know. But its 50/50 if its true or not. Just thought i'd share what i heard.
    [font=Arial Black]Never underestimate an Ewok! Sticks and stones break Stormtrooper's bones![/font]
    [font=Arial]"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you."[/font]
    [font=Arial]"Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follow's him"- Obi-wan Kenobi[/font]
    [font=Arial]Great Seller:- Mr JabbaJohnL[/font]

Re: Episode III Title announced??!!??

i was just reading the sun 'newspaper' (i use the term newspaper in a fairly loose way here) and they have a small news item today saying exactly the same thing (and as everyone from the uk knows, if it in the sun it must be true!).

they also include pieces from other threads here in the spoilers section such as the lightsaber battle between obi-wan and anakin being on 'surf boards above lava'

if its true, they have gone for a fairly standard, obvious, fan pleasing title, much more so than the phantom menace or attack of the clones
    come one, come all/chalk your eyes/blood for gall/this isnít the same world/your children are offerings/bow down/give thanks for their scant sufferings/chalk your eyes/the bigger the god so small the man/just this wooden horse remains

is this what you fought for?/green order/green order

Hmmm, I don't really like it.

"Birth" of the Empire?

I much prefer "Rise of the Empire" or "Revenge of the Sith".

Interview with George Lucas:

Reporter: Mr. Lucas, you coose "Birth of the Empire" for the title of your last Star Wars film.

GL: Yes.

Reporter: Can you tell us a little bit about why and how you choose that title?

GL: Well, we really wanted something that would follow with the other titles, it had to have that same flow. So early on we knew it would be "Something of the Empire" or "Something to the Empire". Well when it was determined that the Clones Wars were to last 9 months it seemed like a natural progression. In addition, since it was a "natural" progression, we figured well what could be more natural than child birth. After that we realized that Padme' would be giving birth to twins in the new movie, so it really does work on soo many levels.

Reporter:
    May the force be with you.

I'm pretty sure that won't be the title. Around this time 3 years ago people were suggesting titles for Episode II, newspapers were posting them, and people believed them to be "confirmation". None of the suggestions was Attack of the Clones, and I don't believe "Birth of the Empire" will be correct either.

Also, I wouldn't believe anythig that's written in The Sun !

I don't think we'll know it until later on in the year .

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

The only thing I believe about The Sun is, them naked chicks on Page 3 are hot.

Anyway, the title could go either way. I doubt it's real though.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Sounds awfully dang goofy to me even for GL. Don't buy it.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL
    The only thing I believe about The Sun is, them naked chicks on Page 3 are hot.
    true. very true. especially the twins (or is that just being perverted?) .
    Last edited by arctangent; 05-18-2004 at 06:26 AM.
    come one, come all/chalk your eyes/blood for gall/this isnít the same world/your children are offerings/bow down/give thanks for their scant sufferings/chalk your eyes/the bigger the god so small the man/just this wooden horse remains

is this what you fought for?/green order/green order

Quote Originally Posted by Pendo
    I'm pretty sure that won't be the title. Around this time 3 years ago people were suggesting titles for Episode II, newspapers were posting them, and people believed them to be "confirmation". None of the suggestions was Attack of the Clones, and I don't believe "Birth of the Empire" will be correct either.

Also, I wouldn't believe anythig that's written in The Sun !

I don't think we'll know it until later on in the year .

PENDO!
    I agree with you about "The Sun" sick paper
    I'm Galactic Emperoress no more (and a bunch of hypocrites won't even let me explain why) :-(

I have faith that George will take the right path
    (edit: he has :-))

The Force.net reported the same thing about a week ago. Hmmmmmm.
    Khoo-Ha...Please Pass The Jelly.

Quote Originally Posted by Grif
    The Force.net reported the same thing about a week ago. Hmmmmmm.
    That's possibly where the newspaper got their information. Just because it was in "The Bum" doesn't mean the company was contacted with the information, it just means that one of their "so called" journalists came across the story on TheForce.Net and tried to make it their own 'exclusive' story for the unfortunate people who read the paper and don't have the Internet.

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection