Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

These figures were NEVER MADE BEFORE - appreciating what we have thus far

As Classic Star Wars stands incomparable to anything in the new collection - there is one of many reasons that come to my mind as to why, but this one stands above all others as the most exciting for me:

we've gotten at least 59 figures that were never made before. The original line by Kenner had only 102 characters made in it total, and we are still approaching that number of modern figures for the never-made-before characters alone right now!

These are some of the best reasons for those of us Old Schoolers to collect Classic Star Wars now:

Admiral Motti
    Aunt Beru
    Biggs Darklighter
    B'Omarr Monk
    Bo Shek
    Bubo the Frog-Dog
    Captain Antilles -Blockade Runner Commander
    Captain Piett
    Chewbacca as Boussh's Bounty
    Darth Vader Dagobah
    Darth Vader Removeable Helmet
    Djas Puhr
    Dr. Evazan
    Dutch Vander - Gold Leader
    Ephant Mon
    Ewok - new, un-named and unknown (w. Glider)
    Figrin'Dan - Cantina Band Member(s)
    Garindan
    General Dodonna
    General Rieeken
    Grand Moff Tarkin
    Han Solo AT-ST Driver Disguise
    Han Solo Stormtrooper Disguise
    Imperial Dignitary Janus Greetus
    Imperial Dignitary Kren Blista Whoever
    Ishi Tibb
    Jek Porkins
    J'Quille - Whipid
    K-3PO
    Kabe
    Kitik Keed Kak - Cantina Patron
    Lak Sivrak
    Labrina - Cantina Patron
    Luke Skywalker Dagobah Training
    Luke Skywalker Hologram - Jabba's Palace
    Luke Skywalker - Yavin Ceremony
    Mon Calamari Officer
    Mon Mothma - Rebel Leader
    Muftak
    Nabrum Leids - 4-armed Cantina Patron
    Obi-Wan Kenobi - Spirit of
    Oola
    Pote Snitkin
    Princess Leia Bespin Escape
    Princess Leia Ewok Celebration
    Princess Leia Jabba's Slave
    Princess Leia Yavin Ceremony
    R1-G4
    R2-D2 Bartender
    R-3PO
    R4-M9 w. MOUSE DROID
    Rebel Fleet Trooper
    Sandtrooper
    Takeel - Cantina Snivvian
    Tanus Spijek - Elom
    Uncle Owen
    Wedge Antilles
    Wuher, Cantina Bartender
    Yoda - Spirit of

There are still a lot of Classic Characters they have never made before, even some of the principle heroes and villains, but we've gotten far more than I'd ever expected back in 1995 and before.

Re: These figures were NEVER MADE BEFORE - appreciating what we have thus far

This is the reason I've kept collecting all these years. I bought the original waves in '95 more or less because I still had all my vintage figures and thought it would be cool to put the updated ones with them. At the time, I wasn't even up in arms about the beefier versions of the characters, since the vintage line also took license with their appearances (Luke w/Yellow hair? Greedo's jumpsuit?) I never expected the line to go past the core essential 11 figures or so. Little did I know I'd still be collecting now.

When characters like the sandtrooper and Tarkin got made, I was excited to see some previously unmade faces, but over the last five years or so, it seems more and more that anything is possible. All those weird blink-and-you'll-miss-them characters that I crave, like Wioslea and CZ-3, seem like they could actually get made as action figures.

R1-G4 was one of the characters I most wanted to see and never expected to see. He/she/it's been on my wish list since I started one around 1997. Between R1-G4, R4-M9, and Wol Caba****e, I've seen many figures I've hoped for, but never expected. For that, Hasbro has my thanks.

Now if they'll only get to the rest.

That we have Tycho. I am happy that in the POTF2 line we got alot of these figures. Even in the Saga line. Hasbro has been doing these unmade Characters some justice. Like you said, there is probably double or even triple the number of figures you listed yet to be made. BUt at least we are getting them. Slow and steady wins the race.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

given that list, it is amazing how much complaining has been done about the modern line. now, that's not to say that there aren't things to complain about, but when it comes to diversity of characters, it seems we don't have much of a complaint. yes, there are characters we would love to see, but i never thought that we would see a fat, ugly bartender in plastic!

As I was cracking Ozzel open today, I looked at the rest of my shipment from KEBco and only then realized that every single one of them was a figure from the OT. No wonder I was so happy. I didn't even realize it. Crazy huh?

But I've continually been surprised at what Hasbro puts out. I remember suggesting early on in AOTC time that we'd never see any of the youngling kids, but lo and behold, out they came! I vaguely understand why Hasbro continues to churn out core characters but it's nice to see so much effort going into the secondary figures.

You know Stillakid, they did a decent job with Episode 2's extras as well as Ep. 1's.

Ep. 1's real "extras" were:

Ric Olee
    Chancellor Valorum
    Boss Nass
    Gasgano w. Pitdroid
    Ki Adi Mundi
    Mace Windu
    Naboo Royal Security
    Naboo Royal Guard
    Adi Gallia
    Ody Mandrell w. Pitdroid
    R2-B1
    TC-14
    Sio Bibble
    Mas Ameedas
    Teemto Pagales
    Lott Dodd
    Orm Free Taa
    Depa Billaba
    Oppo Rancisis
    Even Piel
    Plo Koon
    SaeSee Tiin
    Eeth Koth
    Yarael Poof
    Senator Graxxol
    Shaaka
    Aurra Sing
    Red R2 Unit w. Starship
    Fode and Beed

Episode 2's "non-essentials" included

Elan Sleezebagano
    Twi'Lek from Outlander
    Lt. Faytooni
    Ack Med Beq
    Waitress Droid
    Coleman Trebor
    Shaak-Ti
    Sirch Fi Ek (Nikto Jedi)
    Aayla Secura
    Kit Fisto
    Bariss Offee
    Luminara Undulli
    R3-T7
    Bail Organa
    Geonosian Massif Handler
    Shu Mai
    Wat Tambor
    San Hill
    Passal Argnete
    Ashla
    Jempa
    Chian
    Jedi Analysis Droids
    Geonosian Pilot
    Rodian Jedi
    Human Jedi
    TwiLek Jedi

And there are probably more I'm forgetting, but the E2 figures were more various, detailed, and impressive.

They could have done better with E1 by creating more of the various Podracers.

The Senate still beckons with lots of possibilities.

These figures don't beg the demand for them that the Classic Era extras do for one simple reason - we've all been waiting for over 20 years for a good figure of an Arcona from the Cantina, or Biggs in his uniform from the Lost Scenes.

No matter how much any of you want all of Padme's wardrobe changes created for the collection, or to get Senator Tiikes, Yarua, or Sly Moore as figures, you can't have possibly been waiting more than 4 years or so for these figures, since these characters didn't exist in your knowledge prior to 1999 or 2002 for AOTC ones.

Give me a Yarna Da'l Gargan and I will be happy.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Hey Tycho you left off the pack ins.

Red leader
    Scanning crew member
    Dack Ralter
    IT-O interigation droid.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

I'm still waiting for a mint carded Midichlorian.