Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Thumbs up Most proud of finding?

There were several "hard-to-find" figures in the POTF2 line. Which one(s) were the hardest/most satisfying to finally get?

For me, I'd go with either R2 w/holo Leia or DV: Removable Helmet. R2 because it took about 1 1/2 yers, and Vader 'cause it was at retail instead of several collectible shops that had it for $20.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

I found Ree-Yees and the Death Star Trooper for $2 each at the Army Post Exchange on Ft. Hood; along with a Han w/ TaunTaun for $14. This was around Christmas time 1998.

Patience really paid off in my search for Artoo with Holo Leia as just a few months ago I scored two of them!

Although Darth Vader with Removable Helmet is the best of my stories since I got him at KB for FREE!! I was browsing the Star Wars aisle and saw a "Buy 1, Get 1 FREE" sign. I immediately looked down and saw Lak Sivrak and snatched him up when lo' and behold there was a Rem. Helm. Vader just underneath him!

Of course, it could be argued that I bought the Vader and got Lak for free, but the story sounds so much better this way.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

the master jedi
    I wouldn't call this a proud find but I'm glad I won the Lego R2-D2 from Target.

Lightbulb

I'm proud to own the mynock hunt 3-pack.

I got it through the fan-club but I also had to buy the Jabba's Dancers 3-Pack, but I already owned it...which was a small problem for the MH3pack.
    "Two in the box, ready to go, we be fast, and they be slow!"
    Check out my art at The Terrace Room!

I picked up the Vader with removable helmet too for retail. Shortly before it I saw Captain Piett but I didn't get it. Dawg...I'm an idiot.

I picked up a couple of EU Mara Jade at 1/2 its retail (scalper) price just a couple of weeks ago and I've since been smiling till today.

I would have to say brown vest Jedi Luke was the coolest find in our collection. My wife brought it home one day, not knowing its desireability. I think that's the most satisfying find in our POTF2 hunting !
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

An AT-AT at KB Toys for $30 and was $90!

I remember missing out on the Mynock Hunt in March of 2000 during that big TRU clearance sale. I almost kicked this one scalper guy's butt because he grabbed practically all the units and left the other buyers with jacksquat. A couple of months later I found two at a TRU and got one free because there was a buy 1, get 1 sale at KB and they matched the sale for me. I ended up paying $5 all together.

I found a R2 w/Leia at Wal-Mart, and also I found a Jedi Luke at Family Dollar for 2.99.