Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs up Most proud of finding?

There were several "hard-to-find" figures in the POTF2 line. Which one(s) were the hardest/most satisfying to finally get?

For me, I'd go with either R2 w/holo Leia or DV: Removable Helmet. R2 because it took about 1 1/2 yers, and Vader 'cause it was at retail instead of several collectible shops that had it for $20.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

I found Ree-Yees and the Death Star Trooper for $2 each at the Army Post Exchange on Ft. Hood; along with a Han w/ TaunTaun for $14. This was around Christmas time 1998.

Patience really paid off in my search for Artoo with Holo Leia as just a few months ago I scored two of them!

Although Darth Vader with Removable Helmet is the best of my stories since I got him at KB for FREE!! I was browsing the Star Wars aisle and saw a "Buy 1, Get 1 FREE" sign. I immediately looked down and saw Lak Sivrak and snatched him up when lo' and behold there was a Rem. Helm. Vader just underneath him!

Of course, it could be argued that I bought the Vader and got Lak for free, but the story sounds so much better this way.

the master jedi
    I wouldn't call this a proud find but I'm glad I won the Lego R2-D2 from Target.

Lightbulb

I'm proud to own the mynock hunt 3-pack.

I got it through the fan-club but I also had to buy the Jabba's Dancers 3-Pack, but I already owned it...which was a small problem for the MH3pack.
    "Two in the box, ready to go, we be fast, and they be slow!"
    Check out my art at The Terrace Room!

I picked up the Vader with removable helmet too for retail. Shortly before it I saw Captain Piett but I didn't get it. Dawg...I'm an idiot.

I picked up a couple of EU Mara Jade at 1/2 its retail (scalper) price just a couple of weeks ago and I've since been smiling till today.

I would have to say brown vest Jedi Luke was the coolest find in our collection. My wife brought it home one day, not knowing its desireability. I think that's the most satisfying find in our POTF2 hunting !
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

An AT-AT at KB Toys for $30 and was $90!

I remember missing out on the Mynock Hunt in March of 2000 during that big TRU clearance sale. I almost kicked this one scalper guy's butt because he grabbed practically all the units and left the other buyers with jacksquat. A couple of months later I found two at a TRU and got one free because there was a buy 1, get 1 sale at KB and they matched the sale for me. I ended up paying $5 all together.

I found a R2 w/Leia at Wal-Mart, and also I found a Jedi Luke at Family Dollar for 2.99.