Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

OTC: What ARE you going to buy and why?

Hi. I don't know if this has been discussed but I've seen a lot of people not wanting to buy much in the upcoming OTC line. What I haven't seen are those people who are planning to buy some of these OTC figures.

I'm going to start off by listing all the OTC Figures by number that I plan on buying (IF my area in the OK Panhande or Amarillo, TX gets most of the OTC line if at all) and reasons why I want to buy that figure.

1)Luke Skywalker (Dagobah)
    New figure. I plan on buying 3 of this figure. 1 to keep carded on my wall, 1 to open and pose doing the handstand, and 1 to open and pose carrying Yoda in the backpack.
    2)Yoda (Dagobah)
    New Figure. I plan on buying 3 of this figure. 1 to keep carded on my wall, 1 to open and pose on his base, and one to open and pose inside Luke's Backpack.
    3)Spirit Obi-Wan (Dagobah)
    New Figure. I plan on buying 2 of this figure. 1 to keep carded on my wall, 1 to open and display on his base.
    4)R2-D2 (Dagobah)
    New Figure. I plan on buying 2 of this figure. 1 to keep carded on my wall, 1 to open and display on his base.
    5)Luke Skywalker (X-wing Pilot)
    Old Figure: POTJ. I plan on buying 2 of this figure. 1 to keep carded on my wall, 1 to open and display in the OTC X-wing. I never found this figure the first time around in POTJ.
    6)Luke Skywalker (ROTJ)
    Fairly New Figure: 2004 Saga. I never found this figure in stores locally so I bought one online from somone here at SSG to have open. I plan on buying 1 of the OTC repacks of this figure to keep carded on my wall.
    7)Han Solo (ANH)
    Old Figure: POTFII Commtech. I plan on buying 1 figure to keep carded on my wall.
    8)Chewbacca (ESB)
    Old Figure: POTJ. I plan on buying 2 of this figure because I never found him the first time around in POTJ or in Saga HOF. 1 to keep carded on my wall, and 1 to open.
    11)Scout Trooper (ROTJ)
    Old Figure: POTJ. I have no clue how many I will buy but it will be a few because this is a good Army Builder.
    16)Stormtrooper (ANH)
    Old Figure: POTFII Commtech. I have no clue how many I will buy but it will be a few because this is a good Army Builder.
    17)Wicket (ROTJ)
    Old Figure: POTFII. I plan on buying 2, one to keep carded on my wall, and 1 to open and display. I never found him the first time around.
    18)Princess Leia (Bespin)
    New Figure. I plan on buying 2 of this figure, 1 to keep carded on my wall, and 1 to open and display.
    21)TIE Pilot (ANH)
    Semi-New Figure? IF this is the Saga TIE Pilot then I plan on buying a 1 to open and put in the OTC TIE Fighter.
    24)Jawas (ANH)
    Old Figure: POTFII. I plan on buying a few of this pack as army builders to open.
    26)Luke Skywalker (Bespin)
    Old Figure: Saga. I already own 2 of this figure, 1 carded on my wall and 1 opened and displayed. I will ONLY be buying 2 more of this figure (for both reasons I already bought him the first time) IF this is a Clean version, as a "Before the Duel" kind of deal.
    28)Bossk (ESB)
    Semi-New Figure: Saga 2004. The Star Destroyer Wave didnt hit my area so I plan on buying 2, 1 to keep carded on my wall and 1 to open and display.
    29)Darth Vader (Hoth)
    Semi-New Figure? This looks like its the TRU 4-Pack Vader. IF it has Snow deco and anything else new, I plan on buying 2, 1 to keep carded on my wall and 1 to open and display.
    30)Gamorrean Guard (ROTJ)
    Old Figure: POTFII. I plan on buying a few of this figure to open and display in a Jabba's Palace Diorama I'm STARTING to make.
    31)Bib Fortuna (ROTJ)
    Old Figure: POTFII. I plan on buying 1 of this figure to open and display in a Jabba's Palace Diorama I'm STARTING to make. I never got this figure the first time around.
    32)Lando Calrissian (Jabba's Palace)
    Semi-New Figure: Saga 2004. The Tatooine Wave didnt hit my area so I plan on buying 2, 1 to keep carded on my wall and 1 to open and display.
    33)Princess Leia (Jabba's Palace)
    Old Figure: POTJ: I never got this figure the first time around so I plan on buying 2, 1 to keep carded on my wall, 1 to open and display in my WIP Jabba's Palace diorama.
    35)Han Solo (AT-ST Pilot)
    Semi-New Figure: Saga 2004. The Endor Wave didnt hit my area so I plan on buying 2, 1 to keep carded on my wall and 1 to open and display.
    36)General Madine (ROTJ)
    Semi-New Figure: Saga 2004. The Endor Wave didnt hit my area so I plan on buying 2, 1 to keep carded on my wall and 1 to open and display.
    37)General Lando Calrissian (ROTJ)

Feel free to post what OTC figures you plan on buying and why.

Ouch. I didn't realize this would be one LONG post.
    See my Collection of Figures at:
    Chazz's Loose Collection
    Good Trader: InsaneJediGirl, Lowly Bantha Cleaner, Hellboy
    "If either one of these two goes Super Saiyan, I'm going home." -pinkfloyd, on the Matrix trilogy

Re: OTC: What ARE you going to buy and why?

Well I will only be buying the new figures:

1. Luke Dagobah
    2. Yoda Dagobah
    3. Obi-Wan Spirit
    4. R2-D2 Dagobah
    5. Leia Bespin
    6. Cloud Car Pilot
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

I will be buying two of every new figure one to open and one to keep carded. I plan on getting one of each of the recards. However if I reach my breaking point I then I will just buy one of the new figures and sell all of my carded figures
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

I know I'll be buying one each of the new figures (Dagobah and Bespin waves) but I won't know about the repacks until I see carded samples. I see myself buying a few of those if the figures look amazing on the card.

I will buy them all for my MOMC collection, plus doubles to open of all the new figures.

Because I am insane and there is no help for me. That's right, I said there is no help for me. I even went back and bought those lousy SAGA figures that I hate so much! I swore I wouldn't, but I did! Because there is no help for me, even now I am on the sacered quest to find the black stand HOF figures (just 3 left)!
    May the force be with you.

i'll only be getting the bespin/dagobah waves, and some of the "vintage" style figs, notably Obi Wan and Han Solo. should save some money this year, i don't mind seeing some of the reissues for kids/new collectors.

I plan on getting:

1)Luke Skywalker (Dagobah)
    2)Yoda (Dagobah)
    3)Spirit Obi-Wan (Dagobah)
    4)R2-D2 (Dagobah)

Those 4 will be going in my ESB diorama (I have shelves all around my room of every movie with certain scenes remade with figures). If I dont find General Madine and the General Lando figures soon, I'll prolly just wait for them to be re-released later on this year. I also plan on picking up another TIE Pilot figure, the one I have I got off eBay for $5, but sadly he now is in my POTF2 TIE Fighter, so you really cant see him, and I love(d) this figure, great sculpt and everything....I'll also pick up some Scout Troopers, since I only got one clean one, and they were so hard to find the first time around, but hopefully this time around these figures wont be as hard to find as they once were / ALL the figures released were and are this year. I'll also prolly pick up the Cloud Car Pilot figure, not to use in a diorama or open but just to have probably, he's looking like a pretty awesome figure too.

I think doing the handstand scene would be unique and fun. I have the 12" of Yoda riding in Luke's backpack, so I don't see the need to repeat the scene on 2 different size scales.

So I'll buy

1 Luke Dagobah
    1 Yoda Dagobah
    1 R2 Dagobah
    1 Ben Obi-Wan Dagobah

8 Cloud Car pilots: 2 will "walk around my Cloud City diorama," 6 will pilot 3 Cloud Cars that either Hasbro will make, or I'll buy the vintage ones easily available and hang them around my Millennium Falcon.

I'm really not going for anything else from the 3 3/4" collection and this thread is not about Galaxy Heroes or Unleashed.

I'm glad to see that Hasbro was not to be faulted in their marketing research, and they are providing figures that newer collectors never got - like Bib Fortuna which Silent Chazz never got before.

Not all of us 'have everything.' I just hope that this idea doesn't create a lot of new pegwarmers. I guess they'll have to watch the quantity they release.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay86
    ALL the figures released were and are this year.
    Well, the Hoth Wave that started the 2004 Saga waves was pretty easy to find all over the place. It was just from Tatooine to Endor Waves that were very very hard to find. I STILL havent found them.
    See my Collection of Figures at:
    Chazz's Loose Collection
    Good Trader: InsaneJediGirl, Lowly Bantha Cleaner, Hellboy
    "If either one of these two goes Super Saiyan, I'm going home." -pinkfloyd, on the Matrix trilogy

Maybe I've just been out of touch too long, but I am now officially confused as to what the difference is between the OTC collection, the Hall of Fame collection and the neo-Vintage collection.

As to what I am going to buy, I'll get most of what I've seen announced for the neo-vintage line, assuming of course they are all new sculpts. They are going to all-new sculpts right?

As for what I assume to be the OTC line, I'll definitely pick up some of the rereleases of newer figures like the TIE Pilot and Bossk (since I need about three more TIE Pilots and I have yet to find the new Bossk). If I see some of the non-rereleases on the shelves then I'll consider getting them.

So...... what exactly is the Hall of Fame line?
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis