Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buddies Return

Buddies Return

Yes, they are back. Check out the article and pictures here:

http://sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&id=30280
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Re: Buddies Return

I find it odd that I am strangely drawn to them. I have the Threepio, Artoo and Wicket ones from the POTF2 line.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I have a POTF2 set, but missed out on the Episode I set. I couldn't care either way about these, but at least they are only releasing the popular ones. The kids will probably by them (my niece and nephew loved playing with mine.) At least they aren't re-releasing the Cantina Band Member, Max Rebo, Wampa, Jawa, and the other ones. I think they were that line's downfall. The youngster's don't identify with non-main characters. The bins were always full of those characters, while Yoda was almost impossible to find. I could see them releasing the Ewok, and possibly Chewbacca. . . any more would be overkill.
    Star Wars : The Arcade Game (Atari 2600) World Champion

They should release the cancelled last seriees of these guys. The one with Vader, Stormtrooper, etc. After all, they did design them and then cancel them. Can't be that hard to put them back into production.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I have the ones that came out a while back. They are cute, but I think i have enough.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

We already have those. Why not put out the one's we don't have?

JJB, Hasbro has this catch-22 mindset about cancelled toys, they want to recoup the money spent on making the tools and whatnot for the toy, but the best way they can see to do that is to simply shelve the tools. I asked 'em point blank, how can they make money if they don't use the tools, but they basically gave me the runaround. It still doesn't make sense to me, the tools are already paid for and CANNOT make money unless they're used.

And yes, I'd like to see my CT buddies collection completed by Vader, the Gamorrean Guard, & Stormie as well. (I've attached a shot of them, don't actually remember where I got this image though, I've had it for over 6 years.)

PS - never bought the Ep 1 Buddies... ok, I bought Maul on clearance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	buddies3.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	22.9 KB 
ID:	8272  
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

It's understandable that Vader and the others don't get made, they look like crap. I remember seeing Luke as well and thinking why would they bother?
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

I'd buy that Gamorrean!