Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Should Red Leader (Garven Dreis) be resculpted?

I actually always wanted Luke's commander from the Battle of Yavin.

That figure with the X-wing is under-sized and pathetic next to Dutch Vander, Jek Porkins, 3-pack Wedge Antilles...

Would you buy a carded Garven Dreis w. removeable helmet, and a corrected body size?

I would.

Re: Should Red Leader (Garven Dreis) be resculpted?

I would buy it. But that doesn't mean much. I think he would make a good resculpt but I don't know if I would put him before other pilots. Maybe they could make an ultimate pilot pack and put the Dutch body with multiple heads and helmets so we could make a squadron of lesser know pilots.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

I would buy a resculpted Red Leader, but there are a lot of figures I would rather have. I would rather have Red Leader than any other Rebel pilot though, maybe I would rather have a Biggs with removable helmet.

My list:

Biggs w. Removeable Helmet (if they use the head for Biggs Academy Uniform)
    Wedge would be nice to have offered carded (I don't need one though)
    Garven Dreis Red Leader - Removeable Helmet, new body
    Derek Klivian (Hobbie - Rogue 5 I think)
    Wes Janson (Wedge's gunner, no Rogue designation in Battle of Hoth)

Black X-wing pilot - ROTJ
    Grey Leader - Y-wing pilot, Asian I think
    B-wing Pilot - replaces vintage figure of human from Red Group or Gold Group - whoever he flew for

Done already:

Luke, but could actually use a resculpt since the POTJ head was awful
    Jek Porkins (Red 6 - nice figure!)
    Dutch Vandor (Gold Leader)
    Dak (Luke's Gunner - could be resculpted w. removeable helmet, but do we care?)
    Tiree (Gold ? - supposedly Y-wing Pilot w. exclusive ship)

Could be really cool:

Tycho Celchu - Rogue Squadron in X-wing uniform
    Mon Calamari Pilot (B-wing)
    Jaina Solo - Rogue Squadron, or Twin Suns Squadron, X-wing Pilot
    Lowbacca - Twin Suns Squadron, Wookiee Jedi X-wing pilot
    Corran Horn - green flight suit, COR-SEC uniform, pre-Rogue Squadron

Various Rogues from comics and books - but of course if we go there, we'll also want to see their plain-clothes and dress uniform outfits made, and characters like Mirax, Isaard, Krennel, etc. etc.

This thread should stick to pilot uniform figures, and on top of that, basically how much merit does Red Leader have getting carded or put into a nice box set with a few of these pilots.

I'd buy a resculpted Garven Dreis figure. I'm all for more pilots. I'd also really like the, I think, Hobbie as seen on Hoth without the helmet, but with that helmet liner on. The "Two fighters against a star destroyer?" guy.

According to Decipher's SW:CCG (which WAS okayed by Lucasfilm), Wedge's Rogue Snowspeeder was Rogue 3 and Hobbie's was Rogue 4.
    See my Collection of Figures at:
    Chazz's Loose Collection
    Good Trader: InsaneJediGirl, Lowly Bantha Cleaner, Hellboy
    "If either one of these two goes Super Saiyan, I'm going home." -pinkfloyd, on the Matrix trilogy

I would buy any new figure from the original trilogy.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Yeah... but it ain't gonna happen anytime soon.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

The only way we'll get decent versions of these figs we want is to not buy the crappy ones (like the red leader fig). As collectors, we have to send a message that if they are going to repackage old stuff (like the x-wing), they can at least throw us a bone and give us a quality new fig that's exclusive to the vehicle and is up to par with recent figs.
    Last edited by elvandrik; 05-21-2004 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by elvandrik
    The only way we'll get decent versions of these figs we want is to not buy the crappy ones (like the red leader fig). As collectors, we have to send a message that if they are going to repackage old stuff (like the x-wing), they can at least throw us a bone and give us a quality new fig that's exclusive to the vehicle and is up to par with recent figs.
    Unfortunately, I think the message that that will actually send is that we're not interested in vehicles, or in this case, any more rebel pilots. What will then happen is that we will not get any more vehicles, or rebel pilots.

If we all hated say, R1-G4 (which I love) and refused to buy it, I think Hasbro would decide, well, no one wants any more obscure droids, so lets knock the rest of them off our "to make" list.