Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: On a similar note....

Quote Originally Posted by jeddah
    my strange friend, Tracca told me that she replaced The Wizard of Oz's soundtrack with Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon and that it worked perfectly - sometimes scarily - in places.

I know this is not reversed, but thought it was kind of the flavour of this thread...

jeddah
    Actually, if you pop in the Wizard of Oz and when the Lion(MGM) roars for the third time, start playing Darkside and it lines up perfectly. FOr example

When he sings balanced on the biggest wave, race towards an early grave, she falls off the fence into the pig pen
    When he says, Home, Home again....Dorothy leaves the fortune teller and arrives at home.
    The Great Gig in the sky....goes perfectly with the tornado.
    The beginning of Money kicks in as it goes from B&W to color.
    When he says Which is Which and WHo is Who, Glinda the good witch shows up.
    Brian Damage starts as she meets the Scarecrow
    At the end of Eclipse when you hear the heartbeat, she puts her head on the Tin Mans' chest
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Re: Reversed Lyrics...

Dark side of Oz, you can't attend a large university without having to experience that once.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Dark Side of Oz works well the first time through the CD. Once it repeats, things don't synch up too well.

My favorite part is the gear noises when you see the evil lady on the bicycle.
    "Smeeeeee....Heeeeeee...." -- Kryten 4000

When I wa sworking in radio we used to use an instrument called a short cut which we could play song backwards and edit stuff out. It was pretty cool trying stuff out cause you never know what you would hear. Rammstein was always fun becuase we didn't understand them forward or backwards.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Many years ago, I "scanned" (not sure of the correct word) "Stairway to Heaven" into a computer at the college and reversed it. I did this because supposedly "Rock and Roll" reverses to say "Here's to sweet Satan, I follow him, don't you?" (Though to me it always sounded like "Yip yip ya say say morrla gobbledygook."

Figuring that "Stairway" might contain more heinous satanic messages , I was rathered shocked to make out one completely intelligible line: "I wish it would snow ice cream."

There you have it. Zep wasn't evil. They just loved ice cream.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

There was some industrial band that my brother was telling me about that had some eerie talking in a particular song that was nothing more than the reading of a receipe backwards. Evil Cooking!!!! RAhh!
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Everyone knows the best use of reversal was playing the guitar sounds backwards in the intro to Blackened.

Fire!
    To begin whipping dance of the dead!
    Blackened is the end!
    To begin whipping dance of the dead!
    Color our world blackened!

Damn, I need to listen to that now
    Back and more bearded than ever before

I forgot about that part JBF.

Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust Port
    There was some industrial band that my brother was telling me about that had some eerie talking in a particular song that was nothing more than the reading of a receipe backwards. Evil Cooking!!!! RAhh!
    One of my sister's creepy friends had a CD on, with what sounded like Hitler saying stuff to his Nazis. Turned out it was the ingredients for brownies in German. So I don't know if the two are related.

Has anyone seen Little Nicky? That part with Chicago backwards is hilarious!
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL
    One of my sister's creepy friends had a CD on, with what sounded like Hitler saying stuff to his Nazis. Turned out it was the ingredients for brownies in German. So I don't know if the two are related.
    Now that's funny! Gotta love bands with a sense of humor.