Page 104 of 145 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1450

Re: Scene By Scene: Favorite Figures Never Made Before

I'll go with R2 lightsaber launch again.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

EDIT: Rocketboy's vote just came through while I was posting. R2 Lightsaber Launcher's rank was moved up. The list below now reflects that.

Dindae, with regard to your question about post-padding: some people just think it's cool to have a lot of posts under their title. I always figured, if you don't have something important to say - don't post it.

There's no prize. In fact, it's sort of pathetic if you have as many posts as I do or more. I need to remind myself: "get a life!"

PlasticFetish is good at catching up. The last list he needs to vote on is 2 (two) pages back though if he cares to indulge. All the write-ins made it though.

Like I was explaining to JT, if he wants to vote for something on the bottom, it would come back up. If he missed it and it's now on write-in, he'll have his chance. If something else falls off, he'll have his chance again anyway in the poll after this one.

I'm both impatient, and I like the "top of the next page" so that it's easier to find what we're voting on.

Falling off the list and elligible for write-in this time are:

Givin, Elris Helrot, Mos Eisley Cantina
    Gragga Chubba Vendor, catches JarJar in Mos Espa
    Biggs Darklighter, Academy Uniform, ANH Lost Scenes

Dorme, Senator Amidala's Aide qualifies to challenge this time.

She is the one that lives throughout AOTC, not the one who dies in the beginning (Corde).

Choose the character you want to be kept on the figures-to-be-made list from:

Dorme, Senator Amidala's Aide
    12) CloneTrooper in red, out of armor
    13) R2-D2 Lightsaber Launcher resculpt
    14) Captain Daultay Dofine, Niemoidian
    15) Torryn Farr, Hoth Echo Base
    16) Herme Odel, Jabba the Hutt’s Palace
    17) M'iiyoom Onith, Nightlily from Mos Eisley Cantina
    18) Klaatu, remake of vintage figure from Jabba's
    19) General Veers, Imperial Officer w. removeable Hoth Armor
    20) Colonel Wulf Yularen, Imperial Conference Table
    21) Advoze, Bom Vimdim, Mos Eisley Cantina
    22) Padme Black Leather Temptation
    23) Commander Tey How, Niemoidian with sensors in eyes and mouth
    24) Moff Jerjerrod, Death Star II Commander, Endor
    25) Anakin Skywalker, Jedi Apprentice
    26) CZ-3 from Mos Eisley Spaceport
    27) Young Owen Lars
    28) Saurin, Hrcheck Kal Fas, Mos Eisley Cantina
    29) Luke Skywalker, Rebel Medical Frigate
    30) General Tagge, Death Star Conference Table
    31) Jango Fett out of armor, Kamino Apartment
    32) Lando Calrissian Smugglers Gear, end of ESB
    33) Slim Aloo, Imperial Dignitary
    34) Queen Jamilla
    35) Sgt. Doallyn, Jabba’s Palace
    36) Rep Teers
    37) Ben Quadrinaros, Podracer
    38) Rebel Flight Technician, Yavin Base
    39) Major Bren Derlin, Hoth Echo Base
    40) Tonbuck Toora, Separatist Leader
    41) Han Solo screaming in Bespin Torture Chair
    42) Beru Whitesun, from AOTC
    43) Tonnika Sister, Mos Eisley Cantina
    44) Luke Skywalker Endor Gear
    45) Padme in her Nightgown, Kohoun Attack
    46) Treva Horme, Cloud City Alien
    47) Keeolkeech, Ewok Warrior
    48) Reegesk the Ranat, Mos Eisley Cantina
    49) Chief Chirpa, Ewok Leader
    50) R5D4

I'll write in Biggs Darklighter, Academy Uniform, ANH Lost Scenes

Note: Padme Black Leather came in at #12 before. She is now #22. She CAN rise if someone votes for her, but she has started falling.

If she belongs on the list, or I squeak her in by a write-in again, and she somehow stays on, a vote as to whether to kick her off (or anyone else) - such as "which is the least wanted figure on the list? - choose 1" will go a long way to settling if she or other characters like the Clone Trooper out-of-armor that are frequently written back on belong on the list in the first place.

However, there were once up to 6 fall-offs eligible for write-in. Now we're back down to 3. More characters may fall off in each of the next 6 rounds so that when we finally have a closed-prioritizing round with just 50, everyone can just vote for their favorites again.

But I do hope that Gragga and the Givin will both be returning!

Your turn.
    Last edited by Tycho; 08-12-2004 at 07:59 PM.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Commander Tey How

Chief Chirpa
    Last edited by Kidhuman; 08-12-2004 at 08:13 PM.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I think my vote is a givin hahaheeheehoho Pun intended!

Givin, Elris Helrot
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Now's where the fun begins. This is getting tougher and tougher with each poll. There are so many figures I'd like to see made off of this list it's tough to choose just one (maybe we could start voting for two figures at a time so I don't feel bad for letting R5-D4 fall off) but since R2 with launching saber is up so high I'm gonna put in a vote for Lando in his Han Solo disguise from Empire.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Ooh.

Last one: R5-D4
    This one: Chief Chirpa
    plasticfetish.net

Quote Originally Posted by dindae
    Just out of curiosity what would be the benifit of post padding? Do we get a prize for getting the most posts? Do we get to haze the newbies? Do we get secret decoder rings at 5,000 posts?
    I dunno, but it seems to matter greatly to people. Really, I can't imagine why it would, but it matters enough for them to still do it from time to time. I think it's about credibility, they see more posts as more importance here.

BTW, this thread has a fairly low view-to-post ratio, 8-to-1, so I guess most people who read this thread also post.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    I'll try to watch that. And if we argue this way about "little plastic figures" it's amazing the "everything-goes to Cell Block to Rancor Pit" was ever allowed to return. It's amusing to note that you and I actually agree with a majority of things to do with religion and politics though. But when it comes to "little plastic figures" we're ready to go to war with national conventions and TV ads.
    Technically, the CB has never been taken away, it was only under threat of doing so when some people felt they could cross certain lines in there that they knew better than to try outside.

Yes, but I strategically voted for Padme Outland Peasant Disguise and Ann (or Tan) Gella this way, and they eventually came off the list. Padme Black Leather is supported by (I think Rocketboy or Kidhuman, or some others) here and though I've taken a lead in writing her on, she could fall off it she comes down the list again (which is completely possible). When she's a write-in again, if that happens, I may have to vote for someone else I want more. We'll see.
    Are you supporting my view with this statement or your own? I can't tell because it reads like what I'm saying, those strategic votes and write-in saves ended up falling off, and Padme Temptation is still near the bottom.

Here's my dillemma with where write-ins can go: I'd have to have an extra poll if a new add-in (like Anakin Jedi Robes) comes on and knocks out a few of our lower-popularity hangers-on like the Ewoks and several cantina characters.
    I don't understand. How can you have "lower-popularity hangers-on"? Isn't that tantamount to saying they're scraping bottom of the ladder repeatedly, they're consistantly down near numbers 49 and 50 but not falling off? If that's the case, isn't that showing what the voters want, and simultaneously those write-ins who fell off are even less popular than those and didn't survive getting beat out by the bottom-scrapers?

I heard what you said about doing 2 votes per person at once, but I think that tracking that would've driven me crazy.
    Short drive. Seriously though, I don't think it would have factored in that differently, just track the votes as separate voters if you want, voters "Tycho1" and "Tycho2". This is a separate issue about hypotheticals anyway though.

As to getting ahead of others' votes and that changing who might've been bumped off and who was in the write-in pile? I didn't see it as having that much effect because they would've been bumped up (maybe not quite so much) if they were just voted on before they fell off, and they could always be saved anyway.
    I disagree, you're basing your ratings on a handful of votes, a cross-section of the collecting community, so even 2 uncounted votes could have wildly different results affecting the very next poll. Padme Temptation only got 1 vote before you tallied the votes and created the next poll, but if the 2 uncounted late voters had put their votes for her she would have kicked someone else off instead and moved a bunch of figures closer to death. Conversely, this is the problem that's already happening with these 1-person write-ins that fly all the way to the top of the ladder.

Eventually, people like me are almost constantly trying to keep characters we want written back in. I would have loved to have voted for Obi-Wan this past round, but I thought someone would, so I saved the Clone Trooper (both I might add are figures you said you'd buy in your big post of what you wanted and didnt)
    This is what I don't like about strategic voting, there's now no chance of deciding the figure you want most from the list, it's impossible because you're too busy saving lesser figures. That's one of the big things I see as a major flaw here, the results are more about saving lesser figures than finding out what people really want most. I don't think a cascading poll like this CAN really find this out without at least twice as many voters as poll options.

I understand. Hopefully you'll see that the flaw or problem that needed to be worked out did not impact who the final 50 on our list was.
    I don't think that's possible, everything we've been discussing here suggests otherwise to me. Think about it, how can the poll results be accurate when strategic voting and write-ins getting preferential treatment skew the ongoing results at each and every poll?

If Padme Outland Peasant Disguise or Sora Bulq or Count Dooku (softgoods) were so popular, why weren't they saved by write-ins at their last chance?
    We'll never really know, but it could be possible that a fig that was even less popular than them got written back in and kicked to the top of the ladder where it then kicked 'em off.

Look at Theed Celebration Padme (a figure you JT said you did not want). That turned out awesome.
    I'd find that assessment debatable. I don't think it's awesome at all.

Not when every worthy figure that gets low on the list can be written back on.
    How worthy can it be if the voters as a group have already neglected it?

I think guys like me that want it all are going to be quite satisfied, only slightly disliking about 5-10% of the choices made. But JT, you disliked about 150 of the 211 possibilities if I recall correctly. That's not likely 71% of the figures offered, or only liking 29% of ALL THE POSSIBILITIES.
    You're missing the point, I really don't care if this list conforms to my interests, I only care whether it accurately reflects the interests of these voters as a group.

They have the license to 2018 anyway, so it's not like characters that don't make our Top 50 list don't have a chance anyway.
    I don't believe the line will have even remotely that long a run... and neither do you.

If I recall correctly, the police served me with a restraining order or something Sure.
    Dude, again, melodrama? C'mon. I probably shouldn't have told you about it, but it did happen and directly reflected upon what I thought the intent here was (and let's face it, only a few paragraphs above that you did suggest it still could be). It's a moot point and I don't really want to get into site politics.

Bottom line, you've seen that I'm not the only one with serious concerns about the accuracy and fairness of these results and I still don't see anything convincing me that these issues have been dealt with or explained convincingly to erase the spectre of skewed results that hangs over every poll.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    Man, if it's this heated now, wait until I point out that there is one figure we missed:

Ghost of Anakin Skywalker (as portrayed by Hayden Christiansen)
    "Stupid bug! You go squish now!" - Homer Simpson, upon travelling back in time and changing the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    EDIT: Rocketboy's vote just came through while I was posting. R2 Lightsaber Launcher's rank was moved up. The list below now reflects that.
    Look at that, this is a perfect example of what I was saying earlier about starting new polls before all the votes have been counted. And let's suggest that Rocketboy's vote was saving LL R2, do you see how your next poll would skewed by this single write-in vote? THIS is what I've been trying to get at.

Note: Padme Black Leather came in at #12 before. She is now #22. She CAN rise if someone votes for her, but she has started falling.

If she belongs on the list, or I squeak her in by a write-in again, and she somehow stays on, a vote as to whether to kick her off (or anyone else) - such as "which is the least wanted figure on the list? - choose 1" will go a long way to settling if she or other characters like the Clone Trooper out-of-armor that are frequently written back on belong on the list in the first place.
    If she came in at #12 and already fell off once (or more IIRC) then how does she get all the way back up to #22? That SHOULD have been a 39-point fall and then somehow a 28-point rise afterwards, but instead was a 39-point fall and then only a 14-point rise upon being written back in.

And I haven't even touched upon your commentaries during the poll of whom you'd like to see saved, that'd be like Hasbro doing a Fan Choice poll and ending the paragraph leading to the vote itself with "oh, and we'd like to see #3 win", it's inappropriate, but I won't factor it into my final opinion because there are already so many points that are more rooted than that.

Bet you're wishing you had done it like the old tournament polls you had going with the vehicles now, huh?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    And I haven't even touched upon your commentaries during the poll of whom you'd like to see saved, that'd be like Hasbro doing a Fan Choice poll and ending the paragraph leading to the vote itself with "oh, and we'd like to see #3 win", it's inappropriate
    His comments have never had any kind of an effect on my choices. In fact, in many cases (if not just about all of them) I've not really cared for the figures that he's voted for. Not as much as others anyway.

As far as I'm concerned, this thing will turn out just fine. We've all had a chance to weigh our choices and vote accordingly -- each time considering who we'd like to see on the list at the very end. Each new voting round means having to re-prioritize your wants based on the adjusted standings.

Ultimately, we're not carving out the ten commandments here, we're just voting on toys we'd like to see made. I'm not sure it's really worth so much concern.
    plasticfetish.net

I'll be voting for Herme the love bug.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22